Author Topic: Who cares anyway?  (Read 2077 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Who cares anyway?
« on: July 05, 2019, 12:58:36 AM »
Public meetings regarding The Boston Alternative Energy Facility are ending this week and judging by the number of people who turned out (8 of us today), either everyone fully understands the impact of it, or just can’t be bothered.
I’ve been to 4 meetings, asked loads of questions and studied the thick binders of information at Boston Library.  I am left with lots of concerns but will concentrate on the actual waste for now.

THE WASTE is the type we can’t recycle, the horrible stuff, and for us it goes in our green bin.
Except it won’t be our waste as it can’t be put through the Facility.
It will come from anywhere down the East coast of England & Scotland.
I say anywhere because no-one knows any details yet.
Because it is the horrible stuff, they say it is going to be sorted and the very nasty stuff like Hazardous waste taken out before it is baled up ready to be shipped.  Hazardous waste can take many forms like garden pesticides, paint, batteries, unused prescriptions, asbestos, smoke detectors, bleach,  dog dirt, dead animals, etc.   If you think that lot can be screened out you have more faith than me, especially since the waste providers are not known yet.

NUMBERS.
12 ships per week, each capable of carrying 2,500 tonnes of waste in 1,800 plastic wrapped bales.
This is 1.3 million tonnes of other areas waste per year .
12,600 tonne  stored in the open on the quayside ready to be fed into the Facility in rotation.
Each bale will be outside up to 5 days.
With numbers like this, what price contamination of the river or The Wash?
United we stand..................

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Who cares anyway?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 06:41:59 AM »
I don't live in Boston, but sadly have witnessed such things in other parts of the world.
This could have a massive impact on the environment and the wildlife in the wash, not to mention the ecological damage to the shellfish that many fishermen rely on for their living.
Many things today are simply steam rolled through by councils to keep the EU happy and comply with there targets.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".