Author Topic: Hello Gateshead  (Read 8557 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Hello Gateshead
« on: June 08, 2019, 01:36:00 PM »
Goodbye Oxford City

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Gateshead
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 03:18:16 PM »
Gateshead are relegated to the National League North thanks to the league's decision to deny them a licence to play in the National League next season over financial irregularities.

Their plans as a football club will remain unchanged and will head into the new National League North season as a full-time professional outfit.

United we stand..................

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 05:48:06 PM »
Gateshead are relegated to the National League North thanks to the league's decision to deny them a licence to play in the National League next season over financial irregularities.

Their plans as a football club will remain unchanged and will head into the new National League North season as a full-time professional outfit.
Well at least they have been treated the same as us,when we had financial irregularities.
Should imagine they would still be fancied to win our league.
Nice trip up to the North East  this season, quite fond of that region, served up there whilst in Armed Forces.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 05:52:49 PM »

Well at least they have been treated the same as us,when we had financial irregularities.
Nice trip up to the North East  this season, quite fond of that region, served up there whilst in Armed Forces.
Did we not get relegated two leagues?
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 09:38:17 PM »

[/quote

They have not been treated the same as us, Banned from National Leagues but over ruled by F A. If those prats hadn't poked their snotty noses in they would have been treated like us and dumped in the league below. And as for a a nice trip to the North East don't you think we have enough of those? If you travelled to away games you wouldn't be so pleased.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 11:41:35 PM »

[/quote

They have not been treated the same as us, Banned from National Leagues but over ruled by F A. If those prats hadn't poked their snotty noses in they would have been treated like us and dumped in the league below. And as for a a nice trip to the North East don't you think we have enough of those? If you travelled to away games you wouldn't be so pleased.
I am sorry if you have had some bad experiences travelling up to the North East, but me personally have never had a problem with it, and certainly have never had an issue with the folk up there.
I have made some good friends from up there and also met my wife in Newcastle, so l now have geordie in laws.
As for travelling to away games, l have and don't have an issue with it.
If you don't want to travel up to north east, don't it's your personal choice.
I am sure they will miss you up there as much you do them.
As l remember we got relegated  down one league and then given the opportunity to be out of the CVA by the following April, we didn't manage to do that then got relegated again.
Yes we missed the deadline by a few days,  but the rules are the rules.
Harsh but true, we didn't make the deadline, missed our chance and took the punishment.
So your statement is completely wrong,  as they have been treated like us.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 04:12:18 AM »
I see Notts County have been accepted into national league despite not having an owner.  They are also owing the taxman a quarter of a million.  Now that is double standards.  Also main interested buyer is a convicted fraudster.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 10:22:14 AM »
Damn! My daughter lives in Oxford and I've already told her we were going to make a weekend of it.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 06:42:19 AM »
North East clubs now getting a grip on the CN like the Lancashire clubs had done up 2 end of last season.  So that's Blyth Spartans, Spennymoor, Darlington & now Gateshead; how many of them long away trips will end up being on a Tues/we'd night ? Just as well South Shields lost the P O final then! Only a temp reprieve: they will be promoted end of coming campaign.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2019, 12:08:55 AM »
I see Notts County have been accepted into national league despite not having an owner.  They are also owing the taxman a quarter of a million.  Now that is double standards.  Also main interested buyer is a convicted fraudster.

Hardy will own the club until it's signed over to someone new.

It's not double standards as Notts haven't broken any Conference rules (yet?) and aren't in admin/CVA.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2019, 12:59:40 PM »
I remember the dearly departed BUFC fanzine FBYF once described Gateshead as like "an irritating turd you can't seem to flush down the toilet" as they used to yoyo up and down

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: BUFC next season
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2019, 05:34:14 PM »
A lot of talk  re other clubs, ex players, managers etc,
What are our actual expectations next season?,

Where do Patter folk see us finishing?

I say 6th.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: BUFC next season
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2019, 07:00:48 PM »
A lot of talk  re other clubs, ex players, managers etc,
What are our actual expectations next season?,

Where do Patter folk see us finishing?

I say 6th.
I suppose it really does depend on who else we sign, but l think you are probably about there with your prediction.
I will go for 5th.
"I don't believe you""

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2019, 05:44:47 PM »
It's not just about who we sign. It's about the attitude of those we already have. In addition it's the management's ability to get the best out of who we have.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2019, 06:35:56 PM »
It's not just about who we sign. It's about the attitude of those we already have. In addition it's the management's ability to get the best out of who we have.
Yes you are right, let's hope it all comes together very nicely and we can move to our new home, and celebrate it with promotion.
We will though need a replacement for Ben Davies though, l know he has been invited back for pre-season training but that's no guarantee, we won't be getting George Smith either.
But l am sure it's all in hand.
"I don't believe you""