Author Topic: Hello Gateshead  (Read 8576 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: BUFC next season
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2019, 07:36:13 PM »
A lot of talk  re other clubs, ex players, managers etc,
What are our actual expectations next season?,

Where do Patter folk see us finishing?

I say 6th.
at the risk of sounding all doom and gloom, I don't yet see anybody or anything to realistically suggest we can achieve any more than finish mid table again.
Like many others I was disappointed with lack of achievement last season, none more so than CE himself, I'm sure. But he'll be the first one to acknowledge he failed to push (what were his own players not "inheritted") into the playoffs. Having spent the previous back-end and pre-season telling us how last year was his chance to push into serious playoff contention, it just never happened.
It would be very disappointing to say farewell to York Street with a damp squib.
I genuinely hope I'm very wrong with my gut feeling.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Gateshead
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2019, 08:49:33 AM »
I'm afraid to say I can't see us being anything other than mid table again.

No one signing has made me think we've really improved on what we had last season.

Not that we'll struggle, but I can't see us setting the world alight either.

As TTT says, a very disappointing end to the York St era in all probability, and the worry has to be attracting new support to a new venture with no real momentum behind us.

Lots for the club to work on over the next few months for sure.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2019, 11:09:35 AM »
I'm afraid to say I can't see us being anything other than mid table again.

No one signing has made me think we've really improved on what we had last season.

Not that we'll struggle, but I can't see us setting the world alight either.

As TTT says, a very disappointing end to the York St era in all probability, and the worry has to be attracting new support to a new venture with no real momentum behind us.

Lots for the club to work on over the next few months for sure.

Exactly my thoughts .

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2019, 12:14:17 PM »
I see the reasons for the doubts but surely we should be reserving judgement as there are more signings in the pipeline shortly, I feel I need to see who they are and see them perform before throwing the towel in. UTP.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2019, 04:20:52 PM »
I see the reasons for the doubts but surely we should be reserving judgement as there are more signings in the pipeline shortly, I feel I need to see who they are and see them perform before throwing the towel in. UTP.

Not a case of throwing in the towel Mel, more a case of being realistic and not getting carried away by those who hail every signing as the one to take us to the next level. It is what it is, much of a muchness in most people's eyes that I talk to.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2019, 05:01:28 PM »

Not a case of throwing in the towel Mel, more a case of being realistic and not getting carried away by those who hail every signing as the one to take us to the next level. It is what it is, much of a muchness in most people's eyes that I talk to.
Its all doom and gloom, for gods sake give them a chance first before kicking them down to mid table.
Nobody is ever happy unless we are over spending and going out of business.
We all want this club to be successful and no I am not content in being a mid table team, but l will reserve my judgement until November when we had long enough to see what kind of team we are.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2019, 07:13:19 PM »

Its all doom and gloom, for gods sake give them a chance first before kicking them down to mid table.
We all want this club to be successful and no I am not content in being a mid table team, but l will reserve my judgement until November when we had long enough to see what kind of team we are.
you know something, OBT, It's a discussion board for Christ's sake, a forum. You may not agree with NF nor myself, but stop jumpng on people who don't share your opinion. The thread asked for an opinion which I have replied to in what I believe to be a considered way, so allow me my opposite view p!ease. To refer to The very last line of my post "I genuinely hope my gut feeling is very wrong." We all want success but we all have different ideas about it. I admire your eternal optomism, but I don't come on the forum saying it's wrong, it's just different to mine...
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2019, 08:23:19 PM »

you know something, OBT, It's a discussion board for Christ's sake, a forum. You may not agree with NF nor myself, but stop jumpng on people who don't share your opinion. The thread asked for an opinion which I have replied to in what I believe to be a considered way, so allow me my opposite view p!ease. To refer to The very last line of my post "I genuinely hope my gut feeling is very wrong." We all want success but we all have different ideas about it. I admire your eternal optomism, but I don't come on the forum saying it's wrong, it's just different to mine...
Yes it is a forum and we are all entitled to our different opinions.
I am sorry that you feel that l have jumped on all over your opinion.
I am in my own way trying to inject some positive thinking in to this coming season.
I am ever the optimist and wish all the best for the coming season.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2019, 08:07:54 AM »

Yes it is a forum and we are all entitled to our different opinions.
I am sorry that you feel that l have jumped on all over your opinion.
I am in my own way trying to inject some positive thinking in to this coming season.
I am ever the optimist and wish all the best for the coming season.

We all want the best, but history has shown we've every right to be pessimistic......

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2019, 02:00:11 PM »
I always compare our players to the top 2 teams that have been promoted the season before as a benchmark. So I think we have made some decent signings but none of them would have got in either Chorley’s or the Stockport side.

So not that optimistic, edge of the play offs again, sad end to York Street.