Author Topic: Money Raising  (Read 12018 times)

Martyn Bishop

• View Profile
Money Raising
« on: June 06, 2019, 08:29:07 AM »
Has anybody thought of selling off squares of York Street turf at the end of the season? I've a patch on my allotment that's crying out for one. (Metaphorically.) Even if, say, we only sell 50 at £5 a time it would still be worth it.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Money Raising
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 09:37:11 AM »
Good idea, l would by one for sure.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 05:51:52 PM »
Why stop at turf ?

Loads of stuff that can be sold/auctioned off.

Just a point, who does the actual stadium belong to ?  We the supporters paid for the stadium via the lottery in the 70's.

Would it be feasible to transfer the flood lights to the new ground ?  Or did I read somewhere that they are defunct and the cost of moving would outweigh the cost of purchasing new ones.

The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 07:07:41 PM »
Why stop at turf ?

Loads of stuff that can be sold/auctioned off.

Just a point, who does the actual stadium belong to ?  We the supporters paid for the stadium via the lottery in the 70's.

Would it be feasible to transfer the flood lights to the new ground ?  Or did I read somewhere that they are defunct and the cost of moving would outweigh the cost of purchasing new ones.
I think the Stadium belongs to the Malkinsons, l would imagine the floodlights are somewhat old and probably use a huge amount of energy.
I wouldn't think they would fit in with the new design of the stadium.
New builds have to be energy efficient to comply with government guidelines and the impact on the environment.
I should imagine that we will have some LED type floodlights on the new stadium.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 07:31:52 PM »
The bulbs themselves get replaced every so often. Presumably we'll go LED at the new stadium.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 09:51:58 AM »
The bulbs themselves get replaced every so often. Presumably we'll go LED at the new stadium.
Fitted some  6 X 40inch ones to an outdoor ménage last week,they only use a third of the electricity that the old halogen used to, the customer has said that she has very little shadow with them.
"I don't believe you""

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 10:52:00 AM »
I know what your saying, but could we have the iconic floodlights at our new ground?  Replace the bulb fittings.  How great would that look.  Coming into Boston on the A16.

The Chief

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 02:53:39 PM »
The floodlights do not come up to modern day standards. They are very expensive regarding use of electricity and the bulbs are also very expensive to replace. In fact they would not make the criteria for a modern stadium full stop. When the curtain comes down at the end of the season and the lights go out that will be it for them.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 09:26:18 PM »
Erect  just the stanctions.

Greengrass

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2019, 09:17:23 PM »
Shifting the floodlights would never get through planning permission. It may be iconic nostalgia for some but for locals who have to open their curtains to it every morning it will just be a heap of rusting scrap metal. What next will be on the list for saving for posterity..........the actual desk where the brown envelopes were prepared or the filing cabinet that contained the player contracts 😂😂😂😂 Let's just face facts and move o on to a better future.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2019, 10:59:34 PM »
Shifting the floodlights would never get through planning permission. It may be iconic nostalgia for some but for locals who have to open their curtains to it every morning it will just be a heap of rusting scrap metal. What next will be on the list for saving for posterity..........the actual desk where the brown envelopes were prepared or the filing cabinet that contained the player contracts 😂😂😂😂 Let's just face facts and move o on to a better future.
How did you know about the desk and filing cabinet, are you not telling us the whole truth lol  ;D
"I don't believe you""

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2019, 11:46:23 PM »
How did you know about the desk and filing cabinet, are you not telling us the whole truth lol  ;D
I for one open my curtains every morning to see those floodlights and will miss them terribly.
They are truly iconic but unfortunately outdated now.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2019, 09:55:25 AM »
A lot of clubs take something iconic from their old ground, to be erected at the new.  Why should we forget about our old ground with all it's memories.

I agree, move on, but lets not forget something that has been part of our Saturdays for many a year, in my case 51 years.

Perhaps the floodlights are not for moving, anyone have any ideas what could be moved to the new ground?

Arsenal moved the clock and Spurs moved the Cockerel.  What would we move?

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2019, 10:34:55 AM »
The goalposts?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2019, 11:21:09 AM »
The goalposts?

Builders wouldn't have the expertise to replicate the lean of the posts.
United we stand..................