Author Topic: Early odds  (Read 4396 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Early odds
« on: June 05, 2019, 05:46:27 PM »
I see Craig's tipped York to to one of the front runners this season - and he's backed up by early odds from BetVictor who have York as favourites.

Both sets of NLN predictions I've seen so far have us firmly in the mediocre slush pile - which is a little different to last season. Low expectations may actually help us, potentially?

Still. A long way to August yet... a lot can change.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Early odds
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 08:14:32 AM »
I see Craig's tipped York to to one of the front runners this season - and he's backed up by early odds from BetVictor who have York as favourites.

Both sets of NLN predictions I've seen so far have us firmly in the mediocre slush pile - which is a little different to last season. Low expectations may actually help us, potentially?

Its where we belong based on the last few seasons. There's no sugar coating it, we've been awful.

Shameful that its been allowed to happen, other than the mid 60's when the club almost folded I doubt if there's been a period when the expectations have been lower. And yet on average over 1000 still come through the gates, I know of very few clubs at this level who can command such loyalty despite giving so little back.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 09:42:37 AM »
Let's hope that things will get better this season.
Transfer news seems to be a bit slow at the moment, but l suppose things are being worked on, and that could all change quickly.
John Stead is still available and he is looking for part time football so he can concentrate on his business.
He is also a Yorkshireman, don't know where he is based now, but he originates from the Huddersfield area l believe.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 09:52:49 AM »

Its where we belong based on the last few seasons. There's no sugar coating it, we've been awful.

Shameful that its been allowed to happen, other than the mid 60's when the club almost folded I doubt if there's been a period when the expectations have been lower. And yet on average over 1000 still come through the gates, I know of very few clubs at this level who can command such loyalty despite giving so little back.
I totally understand what you are saying and believe that is a true reflection on our last season performance, but after attending the Fans forum, you can clearly see that the board have had to restrain the player budget,to get us moved to a new home, this has been and is now the focus even more, it has to be,because we are going to be out on our ear at the end of next season for sure.
We probably would have been already if we hadn't got a chairman who can negotiate and landlords that have a historic link to the club.
We all want success as supporters,  but without a home we are not to move forward anyway.
Its not something any of can control, but we are Boston united and should always remain so.
Andy things will improve, keep your chin up.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 07:08:22 PM »

Fortunately, yours is a minority view.
United we stand..................

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 07:21:19 PM »

I think what is misleading N/F  is in the past due to various factors we have over achieved .  Alternatively if he is right can he explain how it has happened ?

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 12:12:38 AM »

I think what is misleading N/F  is in the past due to various factors we have over achieved .  Alternatively if he is right can he explain how it has happened ?

NF is a bit close to the truth. Of course nobody wants to hear that. Murray & Elliot have had good budgets but have both fallen way short. If Elliot was doing it would have been last season. Really good managers have done it on much less.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 06:46:15 PM »

NF is a bit close to the truth. Of course nobody wants to hear that. Murray & Elliot have had good budgets but have both fallen way short. If Elliot was doing it would have been last season. Really good managers have done it on much less.

Do you really know what the various manager's budgets were? and surely the players of today will be asking for more money than the ones of yesteryear!!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 09:28:59 PM »

Do you really know what the various manager's budgets were? and surely the players of today will be asking for more money than the ones of yesteryear!!

Here we go again, If you are going to comment in this way then reveal to us what the budgets were, If you don't know then stop dreaming up things up to say.