Author Topic: Walk Out music  (Read 13195 times)

Old yellow

• View Profile
Re: Walk Out music
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2019, 01:30:55 PM »
Maybe an old united player should lead the team out for each home match to the music he would have walked out to as a player, or at half time with it being the last season at York street.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2019, 03:50:11 PM »
Seeing as it's the last season at York street....how about the club raise a bit of money and charge £50 a game for fans to choose the walk out music per game?

£50?

Its 6th tier football Pat, you can only milk the regulars for so much and I think that's a bit excessive to be fair.

I see where you're coming from and any money making initiative needs to be looked at and not dismissed out of hand, but look at our fan base, its either retired blokes, people with mortgages in a low income area or kids. You've not too many with a huge disposable income, certainly not many people I know would give a failing football club £50 to hear their favorite 4 minutes of music. 

Becky

• Upon This Ground
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2019, 10:30:08 PM »
Have been looking at an old thread of this topic, Becky ( Nicks daughter ) posted these, that we have run out to.

Olympic spirit
Munich Fanfare March  ( both from our golden era )

Washington Post
I'm a Tiger
The only way is up
United/ Judas Priest
Are you ready for this
Final countdown

All these to tie in with our celebrations

We still have most of them at home aswell !!

It would be a nice touch in celebration of this old stadium, for the teams to run out to these old tunes.  Perhaps your dad would have a stint as announcer for a match.

I don’t think he would, he hasn’t been to watch Boston since he retired as announcer.  He does still keep his eye on their results though.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2019, 08:12:12 AM »
Have been looking at an old thread of this topic, Becky ( Nicks daughter ) posted these, that we have run out to.

Olympic spirit

Washington Post
I'm a Tiger
The only way is up
United/ Judas Priest
Are you ready for this
Final countdown

It would be a nice touch in celebration of this old stadium, for the teams to run out to these old tunes.  Perhaps your dad would have a stint as announcer for a match.

I don’t think he would, he hasn’t been to watch Boston since he retired as announcer.  He does still keep his eye on their results though.

It's a shame Becky, I remember Your dad appearing on TV ( about Anglia.)  He spent his School summer holidays repainting the old Stands.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2019, 04:10:27 PM »
Seeing as it's the last season at York street....how about the club raise a bit of money and charge £50 a game for fans to choose the walk out music per game?

£50?

Its 6th tier football Pat, you can only milk the regulars for so much and I think that's a bit excessive to be fair.

I see where you're coming from and any money making initiative needs to be looked at and not dismissed out of hand, but look at our fan base, its either retired blokes, people with mortgages in a low income area or kids. You've not too many with a huge disposable income, certainly not many people I know would give a failing football club £50 to hear their favorite 4 minutes of music.
"Failing football club " that's a bit harsh and not exactly accurate..
You have a very strange sense of humour that's for sure!!
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2019, 04:51:24 PM »

£50?

It wasn't meant to be humorous......

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2019, 05:46:08 PM »

£50?

It wasn't meant to be humorous......

What about The Bluebells; "Young (Chubby 69) at heart", or Young Chubbyawamba "tubthumpin", he gets knocked out but he gets up again, but u never gonna keep young chubby down. Just a passing thought old man.

Becky

• Upon This Ground
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2019, 08:17:01 PM »

Olympic spirit

Washington Post
I'm a Tiger
The only way is up
United/ Judas Priest
Are you ready for this
Final countdown

It's a shame Becky, I remember Your dad appearing on TV ( about Anglia.)  He spent his School summer holidays repainting the old Stands.

He never said he appeared on tv for it !! 

Boston forever

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2019, 08:16:48 AM »
Pretty sure it wasn’t a paid appearance! I knew about that though.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2019, 08:27:45 AM »
Pretty sure it wasn’t a paid appearance! I knew about that though.

I would have put my life on it was Nick.  So who was the mystery lad, who spent all his school holidays painting the stands?  It would be in the 60's.  About Anglia had an interview at York Street with a lad who had paint brush in hand.  So you old posters, who was the mystery boy ??? ???

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2019, 12:43:57 PM »
I also thought it was Nick.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2019, 02:30:31 PM »
during Adam Murrays reign i walked out a few times before the end of the match.....
maybe this thread ought to be "Entry" music ? :)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2019, 02:43:27 PM »
"Failing football club" :D

Boston forever

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2019, 04:36:53 PM »
It was nick!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2019, 05:37:31 PM »

Olympic spirit

Washington Post
I'm a Tiger
The only way is up
United/ Judas Priest
Are you ready for this
Final countdown

He never said he appeared on tv for it !!

Becky, I have just read your post again. I think you are saying Nick did the painting, but in his modesty did not tell you he had his 15 minutes of fame. ;) ;)