Author Topic: Another crook at the club  (Read 5495 times)

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Another crook at the club
« on: May 26, 2019, 06:17:58 PM »
Signed Peter Crook, goalkeeper, from Hyde. 25 years old, ex Harrogate.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Another crook at the club
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 07:19:14 AM »
Read on the net that Leeds had been watching him.
On paper looks a good keeper, we need someone to put pressure on George.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 07:55:00 AM »
I’ve a feeling it could be the other way round. Think Crook will be N01 and Shiels the captain.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 06:33:34 PM »
I’ve a feeling it could be the other way round. Think Crook will be N01 and Shiels the captain.
You could be very well right there.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 11:31:51 AM »
Thread title may have seemed amusing at the time but not for the young man.

Instead, I extend a very warm welcome and hope he has a happy experience here.
United we stand..................

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 02:26:15 PM »
Thread title may have seemed amusing at the time but not for the young man.

Instead, I extend a very warm welcome and hope he has a happy experience here.

I agree with you as regards the thread title, Peter must be wondering what he's let himself for, let's hope he takes as the "joke" intended.

Welcome Peter I hope you enjoy your experience at BUFC.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 05:32:38 PM »
Title was meant as a joke - can't deny though our unfortunate history involving tax evasion, brown envelopes, post office safes, horse murderers and benefit cheats. All in the past, but hard to resist an attempt at a pun when the new signing is named Crook.

Apologies if any offence caused, best wishes to Peter and all of our other new signings.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 09:23:09 PM »
Title was meant as a joke - can't deny though our unfortunate history involving tax evasion, brown envelopes, post office safes, horse murderers and benefit cheats. All in the past, but hard to resist an attempt at a pun when the new signing is named Crook.

Apologies if any offence caused, best wishes to Peter and all of our other new signings.
for what it's worth I chuckled, a little tongue in cheek humour doesn't hurt, surely?
At the risk of being shouted down from all sides, this forum needs a chuckle now and again. I'm not getting into the rights and wrongs of individual discussions or opinions, but as last season progressed, although there were many Pilgrims on here, it was far from United. More chuckles please.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 06:51:03 AM »

for what it's worth I chuckled, a little tongue in cheek humour doesn't hurt, surely?
At the risk of being shouted down from all sides, this forum needs a chuckle now and again. I'm not getting into the rights and wrongs of individual discussions or opinions, but as last season progressed, although there were many Pilgrims on here, it was far from United. More chuckles please.
I go along with that ,  I would think he has been on the end of much friendly humour related to his name .

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2019, 07:57:15 AM »
I doubt he even slightly gives a shit about anything written about him on here even if he knew it existed, which he probably doesn't.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2019, 08:28:56 AM »
I doubt he even slightly gives a shit about anything written about him on here even if he knew it existed, which he probably doesn't.

;D ;D