Author Topic: Evans  (Read 7174 times)

Gus

• View Profile
Evans
« on: May 22, 2019, 08:05:06 AM »
Just confirmed that he will take over as manager for Gillingham on June 1st.  The club chairman said he will work 'within budget'. That's a laugh in itself.  Evans reminds me of the pools winner years ago who was going to spend, spend, spend.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Evans
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 09:48:20 AM »
Just confirmed that he will take over as manager for Gillingham on June 1st.  The club chairman said he will work 'within budget'. That's a laugh in itself.  Evans reminds me of the pools winner years ago who was going to spend, spend, spend.

Ridiculous appointment. How he keeps getting jobs is beyond me. They'll find out soon enough what a toxic character he is.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 12:29:54 PM »
The old saying "He could fall in a Sh*t pit and still come out smelling of roses" sums him up.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 01:18:49 PM »
On the BBC website: Steve Evans: Gillingham name former Leeds and Peterborough boss as new manager

Evans, who guided Rotherham to successive promotions from League Two to the Championship in 2013 and 2014, has had a colourful career in management.

While he has enjoyed success - earning promotions with Boston, Crawley and the Millers - there have been off-the-field issues from stadium bans to charges for improper conduct.

However, the Scot has the backing of his new employer.

"Steve is no fool, and neither am I to be fair," Scally continued. "He is aware of comments against him from some supporters, about his reputation, about what people are saying about his past, but I would never entertain the prospect of bringing in a manager whom I thought was wrong for the club.

"Although no manager comes with guarantees I can categorically say that Steve Evans is by far the best candidate for the role I have seen, and I intend to appoint him as club manager, he will commence his role on 1 June."

« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 01:20:57 PM by Ken Fox »

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 09:19:33 PM »
I see they don't mention a conviction for fraud. Scally only needs to look at Evans' career. I rather fear he is a fool.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 09:33:57 PM »
I would guess that Paul Raynor will follow him to The Gills?
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 09:53:06 PM »
I would guess that Paul Raynor will follow him to The Gills?

Already confirmed.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 05:45:25 PM »
Now bookies favourite for the Doncaster Rovers job.

TEP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 06:45:17 PM »
Are we meant to care?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 07:23:30 PM »
Are we meant to care?

Only so that we know which club to put a curse on until he leaves it.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 07:48:21 AM »
Are we meant to care?

There's no requirement to care. You are free to ignore the information, add your own observations or make a sarcastic comment.

TEP

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2019, 05:41:33 PM »

TEP

Would that mean he'd be using the same training facilities as our first team? I wouldn't want to get on any gym equipment after Evans had used it - the equipment is likely to have been considerably weakened.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2019, 07:38:35 PM »
He will soon be back at Holbeach United throwing tea cups at the changing room walls.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2019, 10:16:59 PM »

TEP

Would that mean he'd be using the same training facilities as our first team? I wouldn't want to get on any gym equipment after Evans had used it - the equipment is likely to have been considerably weakened.

Do you really think Evans uses gym equipment?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2019, 12:31:17 AM »

TEP

Do you really think Evans uses gym equipment?
Only to rest is fat arse on it.
"I don't believe you""