Author Topic: Another signing  (Read 2781 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Another signing
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 09:01:45 PM »
hence the signings from Alfreton and maybe more with Grimsby connection.
shrewd addition with plenty of local experience.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 05:58:19 AM »
What a good appointment, just what we needed a man with plenty of knowledge and experience.
I agree DT we will probably see more experienced and good players arriving in the next few weeks.
Welcome John to Boston
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 06:02:51 AM »
Interesting snippet from wikipedia a out John.

As a player, he was a right-back from 1987 to 2007, spending his entire 20-year playing career at Grimsby Town, and holds the club's all-time appearance record, having played 647 league games, 754 games overall for the Mariners. He is one of only 17 players in the history of English football to play more than 600 Football League matches for a single club.[citation needed]

Upon retirement McDermott moved into coaching at the Grimsby Institute before he was appointed assistant manager at Harrogate Town in 2010.[1] McDermott was appointed as manager of Alfreton Town in May 2017. He mutually agreed to part company in 2018.

In July 2007, McDermott applied for the vacant manager's job at Boston United but was overlooked for the position, and United in turn appointed Tommy Taylor.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 06:19:19 AM by Old boy thin »
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".