Author Topic: Signing N0 1  (Read 11909 times)

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Signing N0 1
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 04:10:28 PM »
Jon Parking released by York.
Would any of you take a chance on a experienced centre forward/target man??
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2019, 06:15:37 PM »
Not him - way too fat. Were you at York ?

Ah wait a minute, he assisted both of their goals !

TEP

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2019, 07:29:03 PM »
I was at York, but he looked way too immobile for the way we play. Granted he's a big unit. I'd prefer Denton every day of the week. But he'd never forgive the Town End for past remarks.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2019, 08:55:54 PM »
I was at York, but he looked way too immobile for the way we play. Granted he's a big unit. I'd prefer Denton every day of the week. But he'd never forgive the Town End for past remarks.
I don't know if he has been released from Chester, l have been looking to see if he has, but can't find anything.
I am sure Tom would forgive us, if the money was right.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2019, 08:58:21 PM »
Not him - way too fat. Were you at York ?

Ah wait a minute, he assisted both of their goals !

TEP
No l wasn't,  but he has always been a big chap but  still  scored goals.
I personally think l would not go for him.
"I don't believe you""

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2019, 05:57:35 AM »
They don't come much bigger than the 'beast' at Wycombe, he's still knocking them in. ;)
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2019, 08:26:04 AM »
Jon Parking released by York.
Would any of you take a chance on a experienced centre forward/target man??

Not him, no.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2019, 04:35:35 PM »
They don't come much bigger than the 'beast' at Wycombe, he's still knocking them in. ;)
possibly going to WWE .. i laughed.. but talks are happening apparently

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2019, 05:48:13 PM »
Must say that not overly impressed with signings so far as two have come from Alfreton who finished about 7 points behind us!! Yes they have experience of this league but does that mean that they are not good enough to improve us?
I really hope they turn out to be legends for us and let's face it it can't be a worse season at home than last. All I really hope for is that the home fans have something to cheer.
Looking forward to August.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2019, 06:09:50 PM »
Must say that not overly impressed with signings so far as two have come from Alfreton who finished about 7 points behind us!! Yes they have experience of this league but does that mean that they are not good enough to improve us?
I really hope they turn out to be legends for us and let's face it it can't be a worse season at home than last. All I really hope for is that the home fans have something to cheer.

Surely going for players who have had experience in our league is better than going for players from such places as Shaw Lane.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2019, 09:39:50 PM »

Surely going for players who have had experience in our league is better than going for players from such places as Shaw Lane.
Not all players are  poor just because they come from a team that finishes lower than us.
You could say that about us as a club, for instance would you say Jay Rollins, George Willis, and Nicky Walker are not good enough to play at other clubs because they play for us.
"I don't believe you""

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2019, 08:04:56 AM »

Not all players are  poor just because they come from a team that finishes lower than us.
You could say that about us as a club, for instance would you say Jay Rollins, George Willis, and Nicky Walker are not good enough to play at other clubs because they play for us.

Depends what the buying clubs ambition is.

If they want to tread water in mid table then they'll do a job.

If they want to push on for promotion then I think they'd be disappointed.

I'm in the 'reserving judgement' camp on the current signing, experience of this level is important, but if that experience is 'doing a mid table job' then I fear York St won't get the send off it really deserves.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2019, 09:30:54 AM »
"Can't say I'm impressed with signing this defender who helped get Corby relegated"

(Carl Piergianni anyone?)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2019, 11:40:46 AM »
Moussa Sissoko and Gini Wijnaldum will be playing against each other in the Champions League final - both signed for their clubs from a relegated Newcastle side.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2019, 02:30:54 PM »
Let’s face it we all know better that’s why we’re paying for a season ticket 🎫 and not sat under cover on the side of the pitch 😂
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR