Author Topic: Next Season.  (Read 5042 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Next Season.
« on: May 04, 2019, 07:17:38 AM »
Does anyone actually know who will be with us next season, and who has been released?
I've looked on the official site and all I can find on there is adverts!!  ::)
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Prof

• View Profile
Re: Next Season.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 09:16:14 AM »
teeny bit on Twitter about Smith, Clare and Hawkes all going back to their loan clubs. That's all I've seen.

delbar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 10:34:52 AM »
Allot has also gone.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 11:09:02 AM »
Sounds like the players are being told, so I'd expect the retained list by the end of next week.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 11:12:53 AM »
Possibility that some players are being made offers and given a few days to think about them. Wouldn't expect anything to be published until the end of that period. Plus, the season hasn't actually ended as some teams are playing in the playoffs. Would expect current contracts to run until after the last play off date, as when they were signed we were all hoping we might be in them!

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 08:31:03 PM »
Allott has signed for Gainsborough!

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 11:00:45 PM »
Gavin Allott turns down terms with us and goes to Gainsborough Trinity - have they offered more than us, or was he not happy with us? If Trinity are preferable to us, it doesn't bode well!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 07:56:35 AM »
Gavin Allott turns down terms with us and goes to Gainsborough Trinity - have they offered more than us, or was he not happy with us? If Trinity are preferable to us, it doesn't bode well!

At a guess I would say he wanted a guarantee of a starting place. I think if we want the playoffs we need better. Don’t get me wrong Gav always gave 💯 % but how many of the top seven clubs in our lge do you think he would have got in? Answer none. He should do well in the Evo if he keeps fit.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 08:54:07 AM »
That sounds like the case for me too Tash.

Does a job in mid-table and got us out of a bit of a hole this year as we needed a target man but if we want top 7 then do need better and can’t guarantee anyone first team football.

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 08:57:35 AM »
I thought it was more about training and travelling?

delbar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2019, 10:24:13 AM »

I think as suggested, it was training etc. The flip side of this, is some of the crap he and Qualter took off the fans, its hardly surprising they chose to go elsewhere.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2019, 10:35:39 AM »
they all shoud do the decent thing and go theres plenty of local lads at alf there wages  that wud keep us top half of this leage 4 sure.