Author Topic: Play-offs  (Read 12537 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Play-offs
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019, 05:51:39 PM »
We'll be playing Brackley and Alty next season as they lose out in the play-offs.
Final now between Chorley and Spennymoor.
United we stand..................

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2019, 06:03:13 PM »
We'll be playing Brackley and Alty next season as they lose out in the play-offs.
Final now between Chorley and Spennymoor.

Well I hope Craig doesn't go off on one when we play Brackley by giving them respect before the match has even been played.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2019, 06:56:40 PM »
King's Lynn won their play off final today 3-0. Two goals from Marriott. They now play Warrington on Saturday - winner will be in our league next season.

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2019, 07:30:57 PM »
King's Lynn won their play off final today 3-0. Two goals from Marriott. They now play Warrington on Saturday - winner will be in our league next season.

Given where I live I'd be very happy for it to be Warrington - especially as I've 'lost' local games in Stockport County; FC United and Ashton United (and possibly Chorley).

Naturally I know it'd be much better for BUFC as a whole for it to be King's Lynn - to give us a couple of local derbies and a big home crowd at York Street.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2019, 08:28:26 PM »

Given where I live I'd be very happy for it to be Warrington - especially as I've 'lost' local games in Stockport County; FC United and Ashton United (and possibly Chorley).

Naturally I know it'd be much better for BUFC as a whole for it to be King's Lynn - to give us a couple of local derbies and a big home crowd at York Street.
It would be brilliant to have Lynn in our league next season, what a fantastic derby it would be.
All the best of luck to them in the super final this Saturday.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2019, 09:31:07 PM »

It would be brilliant to have Lynn in our league next season, what a fantastic derby it would be.
All the best of luck to them in the super final this Saturday.

Agree with that. Also a major upset for Warrington to knock South Shields out. Shields have been tipped for a while to be the next Salford as they are awash with cash. If they had of come into our league next season they would have invested heavily again & been one of favourites to go up.

It's going to be very interesting to see how CE performs on the recruitment front pre season, yes he's under scrutiny to address last seasons mediocrity, but that's why he's in the job. I wish him well. And he knows the team he assembles must overcome their fear of playing at home?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2019, 05:43:42 PM »
King's Lynn beat Warrington 3 - 2 in extra time so a great local derby to look forward to, with Bazza in attendance.

Salford are in the Football League after beating Fylde 3-0.

stevie

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2019, 05:57:51 PM »
As I live in Norfolk, I am pleased for Kings Lynn but I will continue to support my home town team -BUFC

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2019, 06:12:29 PM »
As I live in Norfolk, I am pleased for Kings Lynn but I will continue to support my home town team -BUFC

Good to hear!   :) :)

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2019, 07:19:14 PM »
King's Lynn beat Warrington 3 - 2 in extra time so a great local derby to look forward to, with Bazza in attendance.

Salford are in the Football League after beating Fylde 3-0.

Interesting to note who scored too.  Piergianni who we all hold it the highest regard but also Emmanuel Dieseruvwe, who I never thought looked anything special when he played for us.  Isn't football a funny old game?

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2019, 10:26:16 PM »
The Fylde v Salford game highlights are on you tube. Both teams seem lght years ahead of us. How we have missed Pidge since he left us!

southender

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2019, 12:13:32 AM »
Went to the play off final today, pretty good game (though not as good as last year when Tranmere beat Boreham Wood) and the best team won. Pidge was immense throughout and got his goal from a free header (enjoyed celebrating that with a fellow BU supporter sitting close by). Mani was a surprise though winning most headers and playing as an excellent target man for the first hour before going off the boil and eventually being substituted. 

What was disappointing was the gate, just over 8000. I have seen more spectators in York Street at 2.40 than what was at Wembley. At one point I thought the stewards and other officials would outnumber the fans. At least the glory hunters from Salford had sufficient numbers to make some noise but I would be surprised if there was more than 1200-1500 from Fylde which was pathetic given the importance of the game (even if they are there again next week for the Trophy final).

We may be a fair bit behind these clubs on the pitch because of their sugar daddies but I wonder how many of the two teams supporters attending today had even seen their team play 5 years ago. Nah give me a real team like BU any day. Sour grapes? Maybe.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2019, 08:35:00 AM »
Went to the play off final today, pretty good game (though not as good as last year when Tranmere beat Boreham Wood) and the best team won. Pidge was immense throughout and got his goal from a free header (enjoyed celebrating that with a fellow BU supporter sitting close by). Mani was a surprise though winning most headers and playing as an excellent target man for the first hour before going off the boil and eventually being substituted. 

What was disappointing was the gate, just over 8000. I have seen more spectators in York Street at 2.40 than what was at Wembley. At one point I thought the stewards and other officials would outnumber the fans. At least the glory hunters from Salford had sufficient numbers to make some noise but I would be surprised if there was more than 1200-1500 from Fylde which was pathetic given the importance of the game (even if they are there again next week for the Trophy final).

We may be a fair bit behind these clubs on the pitch because of their sugar daddies but I wonder how many of the two teams supporters attending today had even seen their team play 5 years ago. Nah give me a real team like BU any day. Sour grapes? Maybe.
Well said, and apparently Gary Nevill has just said that Salford will get promotion next season too, well good luck with that one Gary, l think your pathetic away support won't be much of a help to your cause.
They will go bust in 4 years, it will end before they reach the championship, a new ground will be required cost 3 times as much as ours, and do any of us seriously believe that the current investors will stump up that cash.
They also don't give a shit about their fans, it's all about feeding there over inflated egos.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2019, 11:36:24 AM »
Apparently Fylde only sold a few hundred tickets - didn't even make 1000.

Pathetic. Non-league is broken.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2019, 12:52:27 PM »
Also Scott Wiseman played in the final. Think he had a few games for us on loan a few years back if its the same one?