Author Topic: Promotion race  (Read 3066 times)

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Promotion race
« on: April 22, 2019, 05:47:01 PM »
I see Chorley massively bottled their best chance of automatic promotion today. Missed a penalty late in the second half whilst 0-0 and then conceded a 94th minute goal to lose 1-0.

Had they held on they would have just needed to win on the final day and they would have gone up. Now all Stockport have to do is beat bottom club Nuneaton and promotion will be theirs, despite them losing to Chorley the other day.

steve m

• View Profile
Re: Promotion race
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 06:44:27 PM »
I hope Stockport get promoted....much the better side.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 11:39:02 AM »
I have a friend who is a very well informed Chorley fan, and according to him the clud and fans see this as a last chance saloon to get promotion.
Many players are out of contract at the end of the season and have refused to sign new deals until they know which league they will be in next season.
Other clubs are looking at there squad, apparently including Boston,which could be true now we are moving the training ground to Doncaster.
I personally would like to see both of them promoted.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 11:58:41 AM »
Many players are out of contract at the end of the season and have refused to sign new deals until they know which league they will be in next season.
Other clubs are looking at there squad

Sounds very familiar to our situation after before the play off against Ferriby.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 12:18:52 PM »
Other clubs are looking at there squad

Sounds very familiar to our situation after before the play off against Ferriby.
I suppose it's being a victim of your own success, l don't think Chorley have the biggest of budgets either.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 06:06:34 PM »
If a player lives and works somewhere in the North West near Chorley, Doncaster is still heck of a trip to be making twice a week - and then a trip to Boston every other week. I'd rather we recruit closer to the training facility than that . I remember us getting a player before from the Manchester area and he only managed the travelling for a few weeks.

TEP