Author Topic: George Willis / Ken Fox  (Read 6448 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
George Willis / Ken Fox
« on: April 22, 2019, 06:25:54 PM »
Sums up our season that our goalkeeper argues with Boston fans shortly before going on to pretty much sweep up at the post-match awards! Anyone know why the fans were having a pop at him?

Also, well done to Ken for his award! Richly deserved.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: George Willis / Ken Fox
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 06:47:31 PM »
Didn't see that Pete but the award to Ken was excellent, his face was a picture when he realised we had conived to get him up there under the pretence to take us some photographs. A well deserved award to a great fellow. Well done Ken from all on your Patter Site.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 06:50:01 PM »
I left before awards but we are at home and killing time after 50 minutes playing a team basically relegated.  George walks towards the ball no injection of enthusiasm Max did the same in the centre circle after one decision. We are at home get the fans going last home game let’s end on a performance. Not one chant no buzz around the ground.  So so deflated and disappointed just expect to be entertained at home. 

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 06:59:55 PM »
Thank God that season is over. It would have been nice for the award winning players to acknowledge the supporters (Davies excluded)....their apathy summed up the soulless performances they have given this last few weeks.

I was really optimistic this season....what a false dawn!

The funny thing is I'm optimistic about next season.....

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 07:09:28 PM »
Heard about that after the game, was a bit surprised... we just had the usual berating of Abbott every time he touched the ball behind us, even though I thought he had a reasonable game.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 07:17:40 PM »
I left before awards but we are at home and killing time after 50 minutes playing a team basically relegated.  George walks towards the ball no injection of enthusiasm Max did the same in the centre circle after one decision. We are at home get the fans going last home game let’s end on a performance. Not one chant no buzz around the ground.  So so deflated and disappointed just expect to be entertained at home.

Agree with you mate also the first goal should not have stood as the ball was at least a foot over the line for a corner, think the lino was ordering a burger. Also thanks for the lovely bag of coins, greatly appreciated.

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 07:43:17 PM »
Well done to Ken Fox

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 07:55:00 PM »
A well deserved award Ken!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 09:31:47 PM »

Well done on the award Ken, thanks for all the hard work!

delbar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 10:04:48 PM »
Congratulations Ken, well deserved and thank you for providing us this fantastic platform and your service in general.

Didn’t realise there had been an altercation between George and some fans, such a shame but explains why he had the ‘can’t be f****ed attitude when collecting his awards, never a good thing when a goalkeeper just about cleans up in the end of season awards but do think he deserved them this season.

abully

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 08:16:11 AM »
Well i for one feel a bit sorry for the players and their reaction.
Those who have critisised them would also have done so if they had celebrated more. They would have slagged them off for doing it after a average season.Whatever they did would be wrong.
Can anyone explain to me how these sort of comments help Craig with his recruitment?
Why would you consider coming here and get a load of flack.
 In my opinion such comments bring nothing to the club but negativity.
David and Neil must despair sometimes.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 10:31:26 AM »
A richly deserved thank you Ken for all the good work you do for our club.
United we stand..................

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 10:40:40 AM »
As far as criticism for the players is concerned, Craig has been a vociferous critic.......

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 11:30:45 AM »
Congratulations Ken, well deserved and thank you for providing us this fantastic platform and your service in general.

Didn’t realise there had been an altercation between George and some fans, such a shame but explains why he had the ‘can’t be f****ed attitude when collecting his awards, never a good thing when a goalkeeper just about cleans up in the end of season awards but do think he deserved them this season.
He seemed a little embarrassed to get them to be fair, and probably thought the same as you regarding a goalkeeper receiving them.
I know there has been many things said this season about the club,manager and team, but this team will grow and be better next season, a couple of decent strikers is the key and also strengthening the defence, but we seriously need an attacking midfielder who can score goals.
Yesterday the players reaction was a bit subdued but you have also got to remember that they had just relegated a team and probably thought it was disrespectful to celebrate to much, a funny situation to be in.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2019, 06:26:51 PM »
A well deserved award Ken, I for one would be lost if I didn't have Patter to look at whilst the wife watches her soaps.