Author Topic: Manager Gone !.  (Read 3420 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Manager Gone !.
« on: April 21, 2019, 10:27:32 PM »
Mark Yates and Kiddy have parted company today .

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Manager Gone !.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 08:55:59 AM »
Mark Yates and Kiddy have parted company today .

Make that 2 in about 4 months for them!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 09:39:28 AM »
Sacking the manager does not guarantee more success. It generally just appeases the fans for a while longer.

TEP

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 07:04:21 PM »
Darlington have announced their manager will leave after tomorrow's game as well.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 08:49:33 AM »
Darlington have announced their manager will leave after tomorrow's game as well.
I guess it all comes down to what a manager can achieve in order to match his Chairman's expectations. The one thing for sure at all levels of football is that they're seldom given time to build. Many managers are expected to work with an underachieving team that their predecessor left behind. I've spent much if this season frustrated by a manager who's well documented revolving door has failed to deliver playoff football, and with a full squad he's brought here himself. I very much admire his honesty and open approach when being interviewed post match, and he knows what needs fixing, but I can't see there's any progression since this time last year. However, he is being given the all important time to get things right, which for me is a good thing. But, by the time next season has settled into a pattern, I'm sure CE knows only too well, he must up his game and that of the team for at least a push into the playoffs. I like to think of myself as a realist and with the current set up I don't think we'd be anywhere near competitive with many teams if we were to get promoted, but I'm sure the chairman would be happy at an honourable play-off defeat? So, is that the expectation for next season? Yes, it has to be, and it would be a great sign off to York Street stadium.

Bring on August...
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684