Author Topic: Darlington  (Read 8831 times)

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Darlington
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 03:41:50 PM »
We just need to draw a line under this season and focus on the next, Craig says that he knows what he wants to put it right for the next one.
The pressure will be on him from the start and l would imagine the correct action will be taken if not.
Craig wants to build a team over a couple of seasons that can push for promotion like Chorley and Stockport, and the board are willing to back him on this.
I think us as fans will be prepared to accept this if we are challenging  in or around the top seven or have a good cup run of some sorts.
But we have to have something to cheer for and feel excited about, or at the  very least be optimistic, if that fails to happen l can see even the most loyal and diligent supporters will be calling for Craig's head.
But let's hope that all is well and we have an exciting and fruitful campaign.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2019, 05:40:59 PM »
Oh blooming dear, what an awful performance in the second half.
Willis again beaten by a long range effort, l got a clear view of the shot, the view he got also,unlike the first goal.
He was having a cracking game before that.
Much work to be done in closed season, but that's probably the view of  everyone.
We did though have many players missing today for one reason or another.

Amazed that anybody is expecting anything different from this guy anything soon!!

Totally out his depth. Dreadful season.

They will give him another year. But get it he hasn't a clue at this level!!
Yes dreadful season, out of his depth maybe.
Expecting something different, not me, just changes to personnel on the pitch.
He does have another season, how much of that season he will get is solely down to positive results.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2019, 07:35:00 PM »
No more doom and gloom please ! This is getting like an episode of Eastenders. Anyone would think we've been relegated after being title favourites.

Yes, it's been disappointing on the whole but it could have been worse. This is what you get when you employ a manager who's at his first full season at the level. Lose roughly as many games as you win and mid table. A bit of false expectation after the positive spell when Murray left and the pre-season signings but that's all it was. Unless I missed the interview where the management team said we would definitely be right up there.

I can't be bothered to trawl Wikipedia but I'm sure Alex Ferguson had no success in his first full season and Man Utd finished below mid table. Do we all want instant gratification nowadays ? Let's wait and see if CE can do it and in the meantime get behind him.

TEP

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 06:34:01 AM »
I stand near them, I really thought it was going to get to blows!
There's one guy there that shouts abuse nearly all the game, either at the ref, linesman, any player and CE.  ;D ;D

Is the guy in question Mr Wake Up Ref/Linesmen/Goalkeeper etc?

The two lads who stand near the pitch do bite a bit easy though.

Ah, I think you mean Mr Wekup, Wek up ref!!!  ;D ;D ;D
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2019, 05:31:52 PM »
No more doom and gloom please ! This is getting like an episode of Eastenders. Anyone would think we've been relegated after being title favourites.

Yes, it's been disappointing on the whole but it could have been worse. This is what you get when you employ a manager who's at his first full season at the level. Lose roughly as many games as you win and mid table. A bit of false expectation after the positive spell when Murray left and the pre-season signings but that's all it was. Unless I missed the interview where the management team said we would definitely be right up there.

I can't be bothered to trawl Wikipedia but I'm sure Alex Ferguson had no success in his first full season and Man Utd finished below mid table. Do we all want instant gratification nowadays ? Let's wait and see if CE can do it and in the meantime get behind him.

TEP

Respect your comparison between Craig Elliot & Fergie. Yes Alex Ferguson took a couple of years to get Manchester United into silverware. So let's hope Craig can bring us the illustrious non league treble akin to Fergie: the Conference North title; the FA Trophy & the FA Cup. Nobody asking 2 much there.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2019, 12:04:13 AM »
I was there with my camera, so here's a selection of snaps from the game:

http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/darlington130419.html

There are a load more on my Facebook account, but Facebook has changed yet again and there doesn't seem to be a way of copying the link to the Public Photo Album anymore so you'll have to work out how to get there yourselves!

Apologies for the delay, but I was otherwise occupied on Sunday morning jogging around Freiston, Butterwick and Fishtoft and then there was work.