Author Topic: 11 home defeats {already!}  (Read 4977 times)

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
11 home defeats {already!}
« on: April 13, 2019, 08:52:04 PM »
10 home league defeats plus the embarrassing Peterborough Sports defeat...a truly dreadful record...surely weve never had so many defeats at York Street in one season?   Just think,if we had won just 3 of those home games we may be looking at a play-off place and people would/my  be saying "its been a good season!"   Fine margins...

steve m

• View Profile
Re: 11 home defeats {already!}
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 09:13:24 PM »
Interesting view, but I'm afraid the manner of some of the defeats (today included) has coloured my view of the season.....I started off with high hopes.....it has been grim.

Am really concerned that CE has re-signed players who perform like they did today.

He deserves another chance, but the first 6 games next season will be key....

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 10:23:55 PM »
We're all disappointed but we seem to be repeating ourselves an awful lot.  It's all about next season now.

Let's move on and look forwards.

TEP

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 08:30:09 AM »
And the 2-3 at home to Lincoln utd in a county Cup game....

A absolute disgrace
Everyone goes on about Boston being a pain in the arse to get to but sadly it seems to apply to our players

Can we ground share at Stockport?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 08:42:38 AM »

A absolute disgrace
Everyone goes on about Boston being a pain in the arse to get to but sadly it seems to apply to our players

With a better road network than in the past, that cannot be used as an excuse.  In the late 60's and early 70's we had the best team in non league and was Sheffield based.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 09:38:39 AM »

A absolute disgrace

With a better road network than in the past, that cannot be used as an excuse.  In the late 60's and early 70's we had the best team in non league and was Sheffield based.
That is very true and we can't make excuses about location etc.
We simply do not have a good leader out there, the players do not talk to each other.
I have mentioned the fact that away from home the players have less distance to travel if the games are up north, but this was quickly dismissed as tosh.
I have not though heard any other reasons why they do perform better away from home.
They  don't always perform badly at home, l do think it comes down to leadership and not being able to dominate and put other teams away.
Interesting to hear CE say that he is not now sure about the players that he has already signed up for next season, l do think Craig is struggling at the moment, although l do expect to see a much different style of team next season.
I would though like to give a mention to Ben Middleton, l though he did well yesterday considering the lack of football he has had, the lad played some nice stuff and was aggressive, will he get another contract l don't know, does he deserve one, who knows.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 10:58:50 AM »
It concerns me that 7 of this squad are already signed for next year. Considering the season we have had this is
very concerning from my part. I thought we were terrible yesterday, the only ball out seemed to be a big kick
out to the left for Wafula to try and head on. Painful to watch.

10 league matches lost at home is unbelievable, only the three sides in the relegation positions are worse. If we
hadn't won those matches away we would have been down there with them.

Despite those already signed we need a major overall for next year, at least 10 better players, I hope Craig has
some good ideas already in the pipeline otherwise it looks grim.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 11:12:17 AM »
Good away form this season. Surely that's a positive. Its not all been doom and gloom!

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 11:17:02 AM »
It concerns me that 7 of this squad are already signed for next year. Considering the season we have had this is
very concerning from my part. I thought we were terrible yesterday, the only ball out seemed to be a big kick

10 league matches lost at home is unbelievable, only the three sides in the relegation positions are worse. If we

Despite those already signed we need a major overall for next year, at least 10 better players, I hope Craig has
Yes he confirmed that he has already started the recruitment process for new better players at the fans forum.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2019, 12:54:30 PM »
Good away form this season. Surely that's a positive. Its not all been doom and gloom!

Well it was doom and gloom for fans paying  £15 to watch home matches !

Craig said at the forum our pitch was not suitale to play good on the ground football .    Maybe he should ask 12 of the visiting  teams who's managed to win on it this season the secret .

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2019, 01:38:02 PM »
What a load of absolute bollocks about the pitch. The reason we have lost so many is the management is poor, the coaching has been poor, the signings have been poor, the performance yesterday was woeful.

Darlington are 18th for fook sake and we’re more organised, wanted it more, there management made changes that impacted the game and we were clueless. The first half we had the better of the possession but they had the better chances, don’t forget Willis made 3 or 4 good saves before they scored and I can only remember 1 shot on target for us.

Sorry mister Newton, I have full respect for you but I can’t see any light at the end of the tunnel while Elliot is in charge.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2019, 02:53:08 PM »

Yes he confirmed that he has already started the recruitment process for new better players at the fans forum.

Unbelievably CE said in his post match waffle yesterday that some of those already offered new contracts may not be good enough!! I mean come on! Anybody watching that interview will clearly see a defeated & forlorn figure.

He looks totally drained of confidence & ideas. Will quality players want to come & play here next season when they see the pathetic squad merry go round of this campaign?

With close on 50 signings this season he's nowhere near putting a team together. Does anyone want to come on & say they trust him with the playing budget for next season? ?

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2019, 03:29:05 PM »
Not excusing our second half but I think Darlington did want it more. They needed two points to secure their league status. 18th in the league doesn't give us the right to beat them. Look up and down the country yesterday. Unexpected results everywhere. Chorley conceding five? Stockport losing at home to Blyth. Not defending us but league position goes out of the window somewhat at this time of the season.