Author Topic: Darlington  (Read 8820 times)

steve m

• View Profile
Darlington
« on: April 13, 2019, 05:12:25 PM »
Second half was probably the worst I have seen this season. Darlington manager changed the system and they outplayed us. We couldn't even get out of our half! I actually thought we were a disgrace....no effort, no fight no pride and to think some of those wasters have signed for next season!

Absolutely gutted.

For goodness sake Craig do something!!!

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
Re: Darlington
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 05:51:27 PM »
Totally agree sadly. Thankfully Jacko is back as sadly the full back was just totally out his depth. Never looked like scoring.  Jay and Max gave hundred percent to be fair.  At one down the ball went out for a goal  kick and the full back left it for George to fetch does he think we are in the Premiership. We are one down at home I could have cried. Not normally negative but not happy to be honest   Fair play to Darlington team and fans.  Fair result.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 06:22:00 PM »
Even worse than shambles against Peterborough Sports.  At least there was some entertainment provided by a few of the fans around me in the Spayne Road terrace having the occasional argument between themselves.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 07:05:23 PM »
Bitter sweet for me today, Bitter was the pathetic second half display by the majority of those on the pitch. I won't go through them as only three put a shift in. It convinced me I shoudn't bother wasting another 50 quid going to Brackley for a likely thrashing and humiliation.
 Sweet was all you wonderful supporters who dropped off your Jam Jars and bags of coin. I can reveal that the collection has now passed the 3000 pound mark in fact it is 3000 and 35 pounds 16 pence. Thank you all again this is nothing short of terrific.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 07:23:54 PM »
Totally pathetic performance.

Well done oxo and all the contributors 👍

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 07:33:35 PM »
Oh blooming dear, what an awful performance in the second half.
Willis again beaten by a long range effort, l got a clear view of the shot, the view he got also,unlike the first goal.
He was having a cracking game before that.
Much work to be done in closed season, but that's probably the view of  everyone.
We did though have many players missing today for one reason or another.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2019, 07:42:26 PM »
Oh blooming dear, what an awful performance in the second half.
Willis again beaten by a long range effort, l got a clear view of the shot, the view he got also,unlike the first goal.
He was having a cracking game before that.
Much work to be done in closed season, but that's probably the view of  everyone.
We did though have many players missing today for one reason or another.

Amazed that anybody is expecting anything different from this guy anything soon!!

Totally out his depth. Dreadful season.

They will give him another year. But get it he hasn't a clue at this level!!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2019, 10:30:41 PM »
First half pretty even.  Three Darlo subs at half time changed the game and they really went for it.

Dreadful second half from a Boston perspective. Virtually nothing up front. No Walker, Allott, Clare. We had no answers. Darlo probably had more to play for  as they needed two points to guarantee safety. Sort of summed up our season really. Hope Wafula hasn't been given a four year deal  :)

TEP

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2019, 11:36:43 PM »
I’m sure Wafulah is a nice guy but if he is signed on I won’t be renewing my season ticket because if CE thinks his ability is good enough for this level of football then I don’t think he has learned much about what is required and gives me no confidence in his ability to sign the right standard of player. Very poor season, poor team selections and poor tactics. Having said all that I like CE and would like to see him show us what he has learned.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2019, 01:45:58 PM »
Even worse than shambles against Peterborough Sports.  At least there was some entertainment provided by a few of the fans around me in the Spayne Road terrace having the occasional argument between themselves.
I stand near them, I really thought it was going to get to blows!
There's one guy there that shouts abuse nearly all the game, either at the ref, linesman, any player and CE.  ;D ;D
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2019, 05:00:44 PM »
I stand near them, I really thought it was going to get to blows!
There's one guy there that shouts abuse nearly all the game, either at the ref, linesman, any player and CE.  ;D ;D

Is the guy in question Mr Wake Up Ref/Linesmen/Goalkeeper etc?

The two lads who stand near the pitch do bite a bit easy though.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2019, 09:19:57 PM »
That 2nd half was comfortably the most horrendous half I've seen in years
Freezing cold, no shots, no defending, no tackles, no songs, no chants, the team 18th in the league toying with us

3rd game in 4 I've not bothered clapping them off. That nobody could even be arsed to boo or shout abuse at them said more than any boos would've done

Roll on August

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2019, 10:06:13 PM »
That 2nd half was comfortably the most horrendous half I've seen in years
Freezing cold, no shots, no defending, no tackles, no songs, no chants, the team 18th in the league toying with us

3rd game in 4 I've not bothered clapping them off. That nobody could even be arsed to boo or shout abuse at them said more than any boos would've done

Roll on August
A season which we all can't wait to end.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2019, 11:36:13 PM »
Spent so much of the season trying to get the defence right someone forgot we needed someone up front who knew where the goal was. The only time we were likely to score goals was when the ball wasn’t moving, usually on the penalty spot. Saturdays performance made Brexit exciting.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2019, 02:30:36 PM »
Spent so much of the season trying to get the defence right someone forgot we needed someone up front who knew where the goal was. The only time we were likely to score goals was when the ball wasn’t moving, usually on the penalty spot. Saturdays performance made Brexit exciting.
the effort for a settled defense hasn't worked either has it? it's 20 games since we had a clean sheet i believe (home versus York, Dec 8th 2-0)
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684