Author Topic: Fans Forum  (Read 11208 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Fans Forum
« on: April 10, 2019, 10:42:13 PM »
A full house for tonight's forum with some good quality questions and suggestions. I asked the first question which was "some people doubt the new stadium will ever be built can you please tell us here and now will the new stadium be built and when will we play in it"?  This was put back to be answered by David Newton when he brought everyone up to date with the progress. When he did this he fully explained in great detail all the work gone into to raise the 11.6 million required and although it was not all there yet explained where it will come from over the near future. It has been a close call to get an extra season at York Street as it is up for sale so it is 99% certain we will have to be in the new stadium for the start of the 20/21 season even if it is not 100% completed. Some good stuff from Craig Elliot which certainly gave me and I know many others encouragement for next season. A good suggestion was put forward that next season there should be some training sessions at York street open for fans to attend and get closer to the players. Craig welcomed that and said he would love to hear of any ideas from supporters that got the team and fans closer. Hope this has been helpful for those not able to be there tonight.
PS The Chairman said fans don't have to wait for a forum to ask questions, He is at most home and away games and is more than happy to update when approached.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fans Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 11:22:13 PM »
What oxo forgot to mention how touched our chairman was by the support of you /us the fans, he was emotionally moved by it all.
We all have to remember how hard everyone works at the club to ensure it is still here.
The one thing that stood out for me was Craig , he answered his question authority and has a no nonsense approach.
He doesn't take prisoners and he is still the man for the job.
A cracking turn out, but we all need to get behind our club now and push it on, we have a chance to make this club great again, let's not waste it.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 02:18:03 AM »
Sounds like a lot of positives came out of last night's forum.

Was CE asked anything about this seasons recruitment, why he got it so badly wrong & how he will go about it differently next season??£

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 06:52:17 AM »

Was CE asked anything about this seasons recruitment, why he got it so badly wrong & how he will go about it differently next season??£
why didn't you email the club with your questions ??? But yes he did get asked and he admitted he got a few things wrong and he knows what he needs to do to improve the squad.

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 06:58:09 AM »
A full house for tonight's forum with some good quality questions and suggestions. I asked the first question which was "some people doubt the new stadium will ever be built can you please tell us here and now will the new stadium be built and when will we play in it"?  This was put back to be answered by David Newton when he brought everyone up to date with the progress. When he did this he fully explained in great detail all the work gone into to raise the 11.6 million required and although it was not all there yet explained where it will come from over the near future. It has been a close call to get an extra season at York Street as it is up for sale so it is 99% certain we will have to be in the new stadium for the start of the 20/21 season even if it is not 100% completed. Some good stuff from Craig Elliot which certainly gave me and I know many others encouragement for next season. A good suggestion was put forward that next season there should be some training sessions at York street open for fans to attend and get closer to the players. Craig welcomed that and said he would love to hear of any ideas from supporters that got the team and fans closer. Hope this has been helpful for those not able to be there tonight.
PS The Chairman said fans don't have to wait for a forum to ask questions, He is at most home and away games and is more than happy to update when approached.
I agree with everything you have just put and also the fact that (anyone) can approach David Newton at any home or away game and ask him a question instead of just slagging him off on here or other forums.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 07:10:55 AM »

why didn't you email the club with your questions ??? But yes he did get asked and he admitted he got a few things wrong and he knows what he needs to do to improve the squad.

The point about emailing the club with questions is a good one. Maybe the club could set up a fan.suggestions@bostonunited.co.uk email address or something similar?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 08:08:20 AM »
The comments about the stadium initially confused me. It seemed Newton was saying he wouldn't pull the trigger on the stadium unless he knew he had the entire funding to finish it, which seemed to suggest to me to project as a whole was on hold until funding was secured. Then later on Newton said, no, the stadium build is indeed going to start as the club's next season in YS will be the last and we need somewhere to play. Then he started talking about the possibility of groundsharing.

So the main takeaway points I got were:

- Next season is definitely our last at YS as the lease will not be extended

- The project isn't funded yet but he's going to make a start anyway with the lease situation at YS forcing his hand

- The aim is to move in to the new ground in 20/21, but there's a chance it might not be ready so we could end up sharing another ground until the stadium is ready.

Is that a fair summary? I was following it via Duncan's tweets so may have missed some nuance.

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 10:41:24 AM »
Would groundshare be the Meres at Grantham?

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2019, 11:15:07 AM »
Yep, looks like the last season at YS. Let's hope it's a good one to remember.

16 months to build new stadium if we were to move into it ready for season after next, now long! Would have to really get on with it to get it done by then. Or move into new stadium half finished or ground share. If possible I should think move into half finished stadium would be preferable to ground share as not sure how many fans would travel to home games for whoever we share with.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 01:11:26 PM »
The comments about the stadium initially confused me. It seemed Newton was saying he wouldn't pull the trigger on the stadium unless he knew he had the entire funding to finish it, which seemed to suggest to me to project as a whole was on hold until funding was secured. Then later on Newton said, no, the stadium build is indeed going to start as the club's next season in YS will be the last and we need somewhere to play. Then he started talking about the possibility of groundsharing.

- The project isn't funded yet but he's going to make a start anyway with the lease situation at YS forcing his hand

- The aim is to move in to the new ground in 20/21, but there's a chance it might not be ready so we could end up sharing another ground until the stadium is ready.

Is that a fair summary? I was following it via Duncan's tweets so may have missed some nuance.

Yes that is exactly as I understood it .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2019, 02:03:38 PM »
GHM and Peter B stop being negative!!!!

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2019, 02:06:21 PM »

Yes Pete  thats correct, if the whole funding is not available it will be a phased build, I.e. the gym will  follow later on.
But the stadium will be built.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2019, 02:08:31 PM »
Groundshare with Boston Town would be the best option?

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2019, 03:15:29 PM »
Groundshare with Boston Town would be the best option?

Access road too narrow (hardly room for two cars to pass safely at entrance to ground), which is not big enough, not enough car parking and don't think residents of Tattershall Road would be too happy!

Boston forever

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2019, 04:36:06 PM »
Doesn’t come anywhere near to national league north requirement so would never be a possibility.