Author Topic: Reece Thompson  (Read 7971 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Reece Thompson
« on: April 10, 2019, 11:59:39 AM »
For anyone wondering where he'd vanished to or why we've not been in for him this season, the reason has finally been released... and it's absolutely horrifying.

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/footballer-beat-woman-iron-bar-2735577

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Reece Thompson
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 12:16:14 PM »
What an absolute scum bag, the lowest of the low, what posses a man to inflict that kind of abuse on a woman is beyond me.
He is not a man just a coward, as my old grandfather used to say, "you are not a man if you hit a woman ".
Bastard!!!
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 12:40:28 PM »
So I guess we'll put a lid on him playing for us again.

Scumbag, deserves all he gets

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 01:00:53 PM »
arsehole
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 07:02:55 PM »
On the Daily Mirror website now, likely to be reported in the nationals. Absolute scumbag, if he ever plays for Boston again I will stop watching them.

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 09:08:23 PM »
Like I have said on previous threads I did not want him back,
Hopefully this young lady will recover from this horrendous ordeal.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 11:26:38 PM »
Like I have said on previous threads I did not want him back,
Hopefully this young lady will recover from this horrendous ordeal.
Perhaps you my friend saw something nobody else did.
I would imagine her emotionally scars will never heal.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 09:33:53 AM »
It looks like he's out of prison... his twitter account is active again and he's posted about getting his boots out again and asking if any club's want any goals banging in. Personally speaking, hope we wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Fail to understand the maths of the justice system sometimes... Sentenced to 40 months in July 2019, that's only six months ago. I get that sentences are truncated with good behaviour inside, but to only serve one eighth of the sentence behind bars???

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 10:43:02 AM »
Totally flabbergasted that there’s some BUFC fans saying they would have him back.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 11:01:33 AM »
Totally flabbergasted that there’s some BUFC fans saying they would have him back.

Are there? God help us!

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2020, 12:22:05 PM »
Not only would it be terrible PR for the club, something which The Chestnuts have worked so hard to rebuild, I don’t think he would really add anything that we don’t have.

Thewlis does essentially the same role but better, and you can see from Dayle how much a lack of game time can impact you. Reece looked good whilst he was here but was also playing for a team that was struggling at the time.

Someone like Ricky Miller has had his problems too but he’s clearly good enough to be scoring goals at FL level. Reece not so much and given the nature of his crimes is someone I would not welcome at YS given some of the shady characters who have besmirched the clubs name over the years.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2020, 01:27:40 PM »
It looks like he's out of prison... his twitter account is active again and he's posted about getting his boots out again and asking if any club's want any goals banging in. Personally speaking, hope we wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Fail to understand the maths of the justice system sometimes... Sentenced to 40 months in July 2019, that's only six months ago. I get that sentences are truncated with good behaviour inside, but to only serve one eighth of the sentence behind bars???

Spent an age on remand, which is counted, so he spent longer behind bars than it appears.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2020, 07:22:56 AM »
Our "other" recent jailbird ex player, Adam Chapman, served longer than this for causing death by dangerous driving. Whilst you can't condone what Chapman did, I'm pretty sure he didn't set out to kill anyone and there was an element of "accident" to what happened. Thompson held his victim hostage for a couple of days, so it was very much a decisive action and premeditated. For him to be out this soon, the law really does let us down sometimes.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2020, 08:02:22 AM »

Are there? God help us!

Probably the sort of 'fan' that can find their way to Carshalton and Rochdale but can't find York St on a Saturday afternoon.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2020, 11:51:49 AM »

Are there? God help us!

Probably the sort of 'fan' that can find their way to Carshalton and Rochdale but can't find York St on a Saturday afternoon.

Very Harsh Andy, but true.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late