Author Topic: v Blyth Spartans  (Read 6938 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
v Blyth Spartans
« on: April 06, 2019, 04:57:58 PM »
Lost 3 0, play off hopes gone!!!

Bodge

• View Profile
Re: v Blyth Spartans
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 05:08:52 PM »
What a thoroughly disappointing season, can’t really think of anything positive to say. Want to vote on player of the season but I don’t feel there is anyone that’s a stand out performer in a team of mediocrity.

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 05:16:29 PM »

And the manager is already resigning five or six of the underperforming players, that doesn’t give much encouragement for the next season.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 05:41:59 PM »
Quite agree Ken. We need at least 6 or 7 NEW players at least.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 05:51:10 PM »
Just about to make my way home, very dissatisfied with this performance, team selection was poor and the things that worry me the most is that the players that Craig has signed have under performed today.
Nothing left to play for now until the end of the season, might as well put give the youngsters  a chance to play.
I can't believe Craig left Claire on the bench with Allott out injured, which left us without a target man.
I will have some very tough questions on Wednesday night for the Craig.
Not bloody happy at all, a very poor performance from all of the team.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 06:06:56 PM »
Disappointed with all three goals conceded today. First two goals both went in at the keeper's near post. If the goalkeeper is positioned right there shouldn't be a ball-sized gap there. Third goal came when our keeper didn't deal with a backpass properly and was caught in possession. George Willis has put in some good performances for us at times, today wasn't one of them.

Aside from the goals we conceded there wasn't much to separate the sides, but we created very little up front.

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 06:19:14 PM »
Unfortunately can't make forum this next week but would love to see if anyone asks Craig what he is actually learning because to me it seems to me nothing at all .

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 06:26:19 PM »
Disappointing final end run in to a season which we all thought would promise so much. A half-century of different players used and indifferent results from week to week...........And that's all she wrote...……...
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 06:29:50 PM »
Unfortunately can't make forum this next week but would love to see if anyone asks Craig what he is actually learning because to me it seems to me nothing at all .
Would you like me to ask that question on your behalf?
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2019, 06:59:05 PM »
I suspect that today`s result is because has told some of them they won`t be retained next season. They are probably thinking what`s the point?

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2019, 07:25:35 PM »
So much for my rose-tinted specs! Reading between the lines of Craig's Twitter-feed, we were hopeless today. The end of last season made me think the play-offs were there for the taking at the very least. I even "invested" some cash at 22/1 for us to win the title! MUG. As many forum posters have noted, most of CE's signings have flopped. Brian Clough regularly said that a manager's success or failure could be traced back to his success or failure in the transfer market. CE must get it right this summer. You don't need to be a clairvoyant to know what will happen if he doesn't.

UTP

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2019, 08:27:04 PM »
Yep a loss and end of play off hopes. But this result wasn’t the reason. I’m sure Ken will clarify but haven’t we won more away this year than for a long time home form has cost us. But hopefully lessons learnt and next season Craig will know and have learned a little more. 

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2019, 08:33:05 PM »
Hi yes I would love for you to ask please. Only sorry I can't get from work. I think tactics wise and player recruitment he has learnt nothing all season. This is worrying for next year along with a number of the players already signed up. Hope you have a safe journey home and good of you for going today

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2019, 09:07:01 PM »
Just got home after suffering having to watch a disgraceful exhibition from our team. It is a fact that the players already given contracts for next season with exception of Jay were pathetic and it is going to need another eight or nine with at least a bit of quality. As for those not on contract it didn't look as though they were bothered either way with the exception of Ash who only got on for the last few minutes. First two goals came from their left wing with our right back beaten all ends up, He clearly is not good enough. The third goal was farcical with our big new center half tapping the ball back to our keeper, selling him short and letting their centre forward nip in to plonk it in an empty net. Doesn't look as though he will achieve anything even if he does get himself fit. I know some will say I am being harsh but when I spend 50 Quid to support my team the least I expect is a 100% effort from every player particularly against a very ordinary opposition.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2019, 09:36:52 PM »
Just got home after suffering having to watch a disgraceful exhibition from our team. It is a fact that the players already given contracts for next season with exception of Jay were pathetic and it is going to need another eight or nine with at least a bit of quality. As for those not on contract it didn't look as though they were bothered either way with the exception of Ash who only got on for the last few minutes. First two goals came from their left wing with our right back beaten all ends up, He clearly is not good enough. The third goal was farcical with our big new center half tapping the ball back to our keeper, selling him short and letting their centre forward nip in to plonk it in an empty net. Doesn't look as though he will achieve anything even if he does get himself fit. I know some will say I am being harsh but when I spend 50 Quid to support my team the least I expect is a 100% effort from every player particularly against a very ordinary opposition.
You are not being harsh, just honest.
If Ashley Jackson does not get another contract it will be a complete injustice. But l wouldn't bet against it.
"I don't believe you""