Author Topic: National League  (Read 3414 times)

Kirtonian

• View Profile
National League
« on: April 03, 2019, 01:02:22 PM »
I've noticed that the bottom 8 sides in the NL are all from the South. Any reason for this apart from the fact they are not good enough? It's been mentioned before, but how will the relegation issues affect the constitution of the NLN next season?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: National League
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 01:35:56 PM »
Most unusual season ,   most seasons it is northern teams that occupier most the bottom 6/8 places .  I would think the shortfall in the north will be made-up by moving teams from Central midlands league and /or N C South .

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 02:03:15 PM »
Yes we will likely get more of the promoted teams.

Kettering champions-elect of Central league 13 points clear at top , (1 of 3 feeder leagues to national south and north) so an old foe/derby there. Kings Lynn in playoffs of that league so another potential derby there too.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 03:24:01 PM »
It would be good to have both Kettering and Kings Lynn back amongst the fixtures.
Talk of possibly Braintree playing in the North, along with Gloucester and maybe Oxford.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 04:39:48 PM »
Talk of possibly Braintree playing in the North

I bet Braintree would love the prospect of travelling to Spennymoor one Saturday, only to find the game mysteriously called off and having to go back on a Tuesday night.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 04:52:38 PM »
Kettering and Kings Lynn in the same league as us, really nice fixtures they would be.
Trinity are also in with a chance of promotion yet.
I used to love the old derby games against Kettering back in the 80s.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 08:02:52 PM »
It would be good to have both Kettering and Kings Lynn back amongst the fixtures.
Talk of possibly Braintree playing in the North, along with Gloucester and maybe Oxford.

Gloucester will need to avoid relegation. Currently in the bottom 3!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 10:07:37 AM »

Kettering champions-elect of Central league 13 points clear at top , (1 of 3 feeder leagues to national south and north) so an old foe/derby there. Kings Lynn in playoffs of that league so another potential derby there too.

There's now four feeder leagues ?

TEP

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 10:50:50 AM »

There's now four feeder leagues ?

TEP

Yes.  NPL Premier Division:  Southern League Central:  Southern League South:  Isthmian League Premier:
United we stand..................