Author Topic: Allott vs Clare  (Read 3371 times)

Batistuta

• View Profile
Allott vs Clare
« on: March 24, 2019, 01:51:37 PM »
After watching Clare come on yesterday and a switch in formation that effectively changed the game and swung it in our favour, was wondering what people's opinions are on who you would rather start as the focal point up front?

Clare came on and you could tell he looked raw but he won his headers, others were able to play off him because it stuck. He did some solid pressing and got involved, especially in the first goal with a brilliant flick to set up Walker to cross for Rollins.

When Allott is back fit he would be the more experienced option but I know I'd rather see Clare given more of a run to see what he offers with consistent minutes.

Opinions?

Greengrass

• View Profile
Re: Allott vs Clare
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 02:29:36 PM »
All good points, but who really cares at this stage of the season when we are entering the meaningless game stage. And surely when you're not playing for much the players do play with more freedom as the pressure to perform is off. Sign Max Wright and I would be impressed!

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 02:52:49 PM »
I agree with the freedom to play when the pressure is off but you could argue they are both playing for their places next year, especially Clare if his contract is up.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 07:52:20 PM »
Allott would get the nod from me. Having watched Clare yesterday quite closely, I was disappointed with his heading ability. In fact I don't think he hardly won a header. You get that sometimes - tall guys that can't jump.

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 07:57:51 PM »
To be honest I can't remember how his heading was yesterday specifically, I do remember him holding the ball up well with his chest and when it was played into his feet. After watching Allott against Chorley he didn't win headers either, will watch closer for Clare's heading next game but I'm not convinced Allott is a better header of the ball than Clare.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 08:07:35 PM »
Haven't seen Clare play yet,so would have to go with Allott, but like others I wasn't impressed with him against Chorley, probably the worst l have seen him play.
But if he knows that he has competition for his place, it might just gee him up a bit.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Greengrass

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 09:16:48 PM »
Heading ability, hold up play etc this micro analysis is all very interesting but I just want someone who will say " yeh...I'll give you 20 goals a season" and do it 😁

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 09:20:13 PM »
Heading ability, hold up play etc this micro analysis is all very interesting but I just want someone who will say " yeh...I'll give you 20 goals a season" and do it 😁

Don't we all.  But why stop at 20 goals. 30 much better.

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 09:27:22 PM »
I want someone who will bring the team more goals, whether he puts them in or helps others put them in  8)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 08:06:50 AM »

So do 75% of football clubs across the country, if it was that easy we could all be managers.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR