Author Topic: Old boys  (Read 7078 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Old boys
« on: March 23, 2019, 09:46:46 PM »
Good to see Harris score on his debut and Margetts scoring a cracker today!

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Old boys
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 09:52:55 PM »

Many fans think that Margetts never was really given a proper chance at Boston.
I don't think his face fits, or he doesn't fit in.
Amazing that he can score goals somewhere else, but it is a lower standard of football though.
Who knows hey!!
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 10:18:04 PM »

Do you have a crystal ball? If you bothered to watch Boston United you would have seen two more cracking goals today, oh sorry you don't bother watching them just put pathetic posts on here and elsewhere.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 11:39:38 PM »
Big difference in standard between NLN and the level below. Seen it so many times before that players can score freely in the league below but struggle with the step up..

TEP

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 02:30:21 AM »

Do you have a crystal ball? If you bothered to watch Boston United you would have seen two more cracking goals today, oh sorry you don't bother watching them just put pathetic posts on here and elsewhere.

Bugger you two seem to have an axe to grind today.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Greengrass

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 02:38:35 PM »

Who would want to spend 3 hours on a bus with those opinions once every couple of weeks 😛

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 02:59:40 PM »
Think this web site and worryingly the club is becoming very divided.
The reasons for this I believe are having poor quality served up at home week after week. A manager who says that he is learning but clearly isn't e.g. signing a player with 7 games left who clearly isn't match fit!!!!
And finally a lack of any progress with ground as promised.
Crowds will be down very quickly next season if status quo is maintained. Less incentive for Mr Newton to progress the ground.
H ave not been so worried since we attended the meeting on that Sunday morning.

Martyn Bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 03:35:13 PM »
If you think we moan a lot you should have heard the home supporters at Spalding's match yesterday. Mind you, it was a very uninspiring game and they are heading downhill fast towards relegation. (I only go if neither Boston teams are at home.)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 07:56:19 PM »
It's easy to suggest a management change but who would you bring in? It's so difficult to find 'the one' - just look at our last five appointments.

And if you don't like the choice of manager, should we be blaming the Board? They keep employing these failures. Sack the Board too?

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 08:17:48 PM »
It's easy to suggest a management change but who would you bring in? It's so difficult to find 'the one' - just look at our last five appointments.

And if you don't like the choice of manager, should we be blaming the Board? They keep employing these failures. Sack the Board too?
Bloody good points, but like any employer will tell you, recruitment is a minefield and finding the right person is a nightmare and somewhat of a gamble.
Some people interview really well and sell themselves,overs don't but doesn't mean the latter should be discarded.
"I don't believe you""

Greengrass

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 09:11:57 PM »

Bloody good points, but like any employer will tell you, recruitment is a minefield and finding the right person is a nightmare and somewhat of a gamble.
Some people interview really well and sell themselves,overs don't but doesn't mean the latter should be discarded.

So you would seriously consider someone who has a bad interview over someone who had a good one? I find that an utterly unbelievable statement, personal performance is key and if a person doesn't perform at interview under what has to be said is minimal pressure they should be not considered. Don't know how any of the BUFC managers past or present have interviewed, but CE seems very one dimensional to say the least.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 09:33:54 PM »
Another positive post by OXO! Keep collecting your coppers. Why should I bother to come and waste money. Anyway I thought you was stopping these posts as somebody pointed out you've got a bad attitude.  Good night and don't forget to take your pennies to the bank. From another fan (ex) you've pissed off. Keep going OXO your doing a grand job!

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2019, 09:49:13 PM »

So you would seriously consider someone who has a bad interview over someone who had a good one? I find that an utterly unbelievable statement, personal performance is key and if a person doesn't perform at interview under what has to be said is minimal pressure they should be not considered. Don't know how any of the BUFC managers past or present have interviewed, but CE seems very one dimensional to say the least.
Never judge a book by it's cover, didn't David Newton say that Craig's interview wasn't the best but employed him on past performance.
Answer to your first question is I would look to see if they have a track record of results and hard work.
The boasting candidate that is just full of themselves can do one.
But personality is the key.
"I don't believe you""

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2019, 10:21:43 PM »
So TEP and  OXO etc  you are happy to be served up the crape we have been served up over the last few seasons, You may be a few of the last going to games so please put the lights out and lock the gates on your way out.

New ground dream on

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2019, 02:28:20 AM »
So TEP and  OXO etc  you are happy to be served up the crape we have been served up over the last few seasons, You may be a few of the last going to games so please put the lights out and lock the gates on your way out.

New ground dream on
Another ray of sunshine, have you actually been and had a look at the new stadium site recently, l suggest you do.
What are your claims based on regarding why the new ground will not be built, you openly claim it will not but we never see you back these up with any factual evidence.
Why don't you approach David Newton yourself and ask him face to face.
Yes things have not been great this season or the past few, but a true fan supports there club through the good and the bad times.
Those of us who have followed or actively supported the club over the year's, have witnessed much worse than we are experiencing now, Bankruptcy, Fraud, Demotion, Scandal, etc etc
You quote put out the lights and lock the gates, will happen if people don't carry on going to watch, l will carry on going because I am a Boston United fan.
Just food for thought, l see over 10000 fans have been turning out to watch Notts County play at home and they are in the relegation zone in L2.
They have been served up crap for years, but because they love County and are TRUE FANS.
Keep the faith it will come right and we will have our glory days again in the near future.
"I don't believe you""