Author Topic: Old boys  (Read 6858 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: Old boys
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2019, 07:26:34 AM »
So TEP and  OXO etc  you are happy to be served up the crape we have been served up over the last few seasons, You may be a few of the last going to games so please put the lights out and lock the gates on your way out.

New ground dream on
Short answer = no - although things are definitely better under CE than they were with Adam Murray previously. The thing is, what is your suggestion ? Another new manager  - or a new Board ? Because it's the Board that keep employing these 'failures'. It's a difficult one and I'm realistic. Look back at previous managers - Murray, Greene, Lee, Drury, Hurst & Scott, Welsh, Tommy Taylor, Evans. We could find fault with all of these (probably with the exception of Hurst & Scott) but aren't so many non-league clubs living within their means in the same boat? Look at the 'big names' in our league alone. Didn't Stockport used to be at Championship level ? I guess a lot of it come down to your expectations.

If we are punching well below our weight, taking into account how much money we have at our disposal compared to our peers, consideration of geographical location etc etc then we should probably all by disappointed. The thing is, most of us aren't privy to this information so it's hard to make a judgement. What tends to happen then is that we set our expectations based on what happened years ago - and things have changed.

If anyone has all the answers then It'd be great to hear what they are - particularly who the manager should be, who the Board should be, what league / position we should be at and how our finances stack up compared to the rest.

TEP
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 07:28:42 AM by Tipps End Pilgrim »

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2019, 01:27:40 PM »
Another positive post by OXO! Keep collecting your coppers. Why should I bother to come and waste money. Anyway I thought you was stopping these posts as somebody pointed out you've got a bad attitude.  Good night and don't forget to take your pennies to the bank. From another fan (ex) you've pissed off. Keep going OXO your doing a grand job!

I don't want to see the club fail and my posts that seem to offend you are only critical of those that appear to be content if this happens To be fair you have been consistent in being critical of the board and your view that the new ground will never happen. You have also been consistent in not attending games home and away and openly state you are an "ex" fan. Don't know what your rant about the coins I collect is about, they are not MY coins they are the fans coins and are donated by those loyal fans and they will decide what it is spent on so I will do as you ask and keep collecting.  UTP

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2019, 07:00:29 AM »
This has gone off topic a bit from the original title. In terms of Spencer Harris, club stated he had cancelled his contract by mutual consent so that he could go to a wedding in Australia. But he obviously hasn't gone yet - he played for Ramsbottom at the weekend. Given that we had Middleton suspended on Saturday and others unavailable, ineligible, injured or returning from injury, we were low on bodies. I'd have preferred to have kept Harris in the squad up to the point of his flight. Anyone know why we didn't?