Author Topic: Chorley (H)  (Read 13784 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Chorley (H)
« on: March 16, 2019, 03:50:05 PM »
Conditions sound awful. 1-0 down but by all accounts a decent(ish) performance so far. Would have been 2-0 but for a penalty save from that bang-average keeper of ours that we shouldn't have signed for next season...

And Chorley down to ten men....

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Chorley (H)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 03:51:29 PM »
Oh. And Middleton off too. Gah.

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 05:14:39 PM »
I'm rapidly losing patience turning up and watching the same s*** every week, bullied off the ball, long balls to nobody and a striker who can't win a header, can't hold up the ball and can't hit the target.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 05:21:19 PM »
I thought we played well!

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 05:28:23 PM »
We played well in spells without threatening, for all the 'we played well first half' I can't remember their keeper making a save... The first I remember was the shot from Rollins in the second half and even that was tame

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 05:31:31 PM »
They battled and new fullback was excellent, but we wouldn't have scored if we had played for a month. Why leave it to 0-2 before bringing new front man on?

Middleton was man of the match until the red veil came down.....if he had stayed on the pitch might have rescued a point.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 06:10:29 PM »
2nd best in every department. Why did I bother!!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 06:12:43 PM »
Middleton is pathetic every game he plays he is a red card waiting to happen, he fully deserved to be sent off having just been booked he gives the other player a dig ref no option. Can anybody tell me why that totally useless Abbot gets to start a game when there are players on the bench who can actually play football? Thought the young left back was a class above everybody else on the pitch.

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 06:17:48 PM »
I think Abbott plays better in a three man midfield rather than the more common 2 man we usually play with, think playing a two gives him too many things to worry about because it's easier to get caught out, whether to drop or whether to press, few options for him to pass to so goes back more often.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 07:31:11 PM »
Wasn't there but another very bad result following a very good result by the previous selected XI. May be next week's team will do better? Looks like next year's BUFC first team XIs will be performing in the National League North.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 07:59:39 PM »
Same old shit at home
Clueless how to go about breaking opposition down
2pts from 27 against sides above us is a damming statistic
8 times we've conceded first at home in a row too....

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 08:15:24 PM »
Let's give Chorley credit. They know how to defend. Not bad up top either!

We played pretty well today without being able to break them down. I've seen us play much worse - Altrincham at home springs to mind.

I'm not despondent as my expectations aren't high for this season. We'll be just outside the play offs.. Anyone wanting the guarantee of something better this season will be disappointed.

TEP

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 10:06:37 PM »
Craig's interview was refreshingly honest on BBCRL. "Not quite good enough. A mid-table team this year." also "I've learned a lot this year" (= I didn't really get the squad selection quite right and it's taken me time as a manager to realise what kind of players are needed to thrive in NLN.) Always next season...

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 10:38:15 PM »
Middleton is pathetic every game he plays he is a red card waiting to happen, he fully deserved to be sent off having just been booked he gives the other player a dig ref no option. Can anybody tell me why that totally useless Abbot gets to start a game when there are players on the bench who can actually play football? Thought the young left back was a class above everybody else on the pitch.
I can't argue with any of that.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2019, 12:55:53 AM »
Jeez you guys should support a different team.