Author Topic: North Ferriby  (Read 7365 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
North Ferriby
« on: March 15, 2019, 11:47:41 AM »
...have today been wound up and placed into the hands of liquidators.

Bodge

• View Profile
Re: North Ferriby
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 01:56:56 PM »
Sad day for those die hard fans that supported them prior to the big money coming in. Was always going to end badly, money mans or women’s play toy, got fed up, fecked off and left them in a state.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 02:00:40 PM »
Salford be warned !!
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 02:24:49 PM »
Salford be warned !!

Some wishful BUFC fans be warned.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 02:53:06 PM »
Indeed. Sadly, the people who flock to a club when there's money swilling about are invariably nowhere to be found when the money runs out.

Naming no names (and no, I don't mean Mark Isaac), there are a few "high profile" Boston fans I haven't seen for about about the place for about ten years or so. Funny that.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 02:56:25 PM »
Absolutely agree with you my friend.
Some fans never learn, were would this club be now if it wasn't for there bail out and careful management from our owners. 
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 02:59:09 PM »
Indeed. Sadly, the people who flock to a club when there's money swilling about are invariably nowhere to be found when the money runs out.

Naming no names (and no, I don't mean Mark Isaac), there are a few "high profile" Boston fans I haven't seen for about about the place for about ten years or so. Funny that.

Aye, the ones that shouted loudest when old Fat Boy Fat was about, but who slunk off when he declared 'season over' after Lincoln gave us a lesson back in 2006........

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 03:55:44 PM »
Burton, Morecambe, Macclesfield have managed to compete in leagues 1 and 2 by good sound management. So clubs the size of Boston can survive in the football league but it does need total community involvement and clubs communicating with the fans. Loathed to criticise the chestnuts but the last few seasons has seen a decline on the pitch and the whole match day experience plus communications, I’m really struggling to get motivated to go to games as I see us decline slowly.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 03:59:49 PM »
Burton, Morecambe, Macclesfield have managed to compete in leagues 1 and 2 by good sound management. So clubs the size of Boston can survive in the football league but it does need total community involvement and clubs communicating with the fans. Loathed to criticise the chestnuts but the last few seasons has seen a decline on the pitch and the whole match day experience plus communications, I’m really struggling to get motivated to go to games as I see us decline slowly.

I believe much of Burton's success is down to that FA Cup run a decade or so ago. Amazing what you can achieve if you win a few cup games here and there, eh?

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 04:47:30 PM »

I believe much of Burton's success is down to that FA Cup run a decade or so ago. Amazing what you can achieve if you win a few cup games here and there, eh?

Or a BBC documentary with ex premiership players lol.
"I don't believe you""

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 05:04:06 PM »
I may make myself unpopular for my stance, but the large majority the club and fans at Ferriby were so smug and conceited on the way up the pyramid. They were a horrible club. i very much believe in what goes around comes around, and i'm not sorry for the club at all.

Like Bodge, my ONLY sympathy is for the few die-hard fans that supported them way before the Hull City money went in.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 05:49:24 PM »
I'm with you TTT,
Horrible club and as you say Smug.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 07:23:20 PM »
Look at what Dulwich Hamlet are up to. Big crowds there, plenty going on. Not sure if Boston can attract the Hipsters in though.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 03:18:58 AM »
100% agree. Never saw anything of their "wonderful hospitality" and "friendliness" on any of my visits there. Nobody seems much interested about them destroying pay scales, like so many others, on their way up. From the outside it was obvious that the proposals and plans put forward were unsustainable

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2019, 09:01:10 AM »
Sadly too many people are living in the past, yes in the 70’s and possibly the 80’s BUFC were a big non lge club but those days are gone, Kettering, kings Lynn, Wealdstone, Kiddy, Stafford Rangers, Northwich Vic, Worcester City, Scarborough, Telford, Bath, Runcorn etc, etc........ could all be classed similar. We are were we are and IMO the manager and the chairman are doing an honest job on resources that are available to them. I appreciate everyone’s opinion and their right to voice it but the fact is money talks at all levels of football in this day and age much more than it did back in the day. For those that don’t agree with me there is always Sky,BT,Virgin to give your hard earned cash to.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR