Author Topic: North Ferriby  (Read 7694 times)

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: North Ferriby
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2019, 01:23:39 PM »
Sadly too many people are living in the past, yes in the 70’s and possibly the 80’s BUFC were a big non lge club but those days are gone, Kettering, kings Lynn, Wealdstone, Kiddy, Stafford Rangers, Northwich Vic, Worcester City, Scarborough, Telford, Bath, Runcorn etc, etc........ could all be classed similar. We are were we are and IMO the manager and the chairman are doing an honest job on resources that are available to them. I appreciate everyone’s opinion and their right to voice it but the fact is money talks at all levels of football in this day and age much more than it did back in the day. For those that don’t agree with me there is always Sky,BT,Virgin to give your hard earned cash to.
Very well put and said.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2019, 01:37:34 PM »
Sadly too many people are living in the past, yes in the 70’s and possibly the 80’s BUFC were a big non lge club but those days are gone, Kettering, kings Lynn, Wealdstone, Kiddy, Stafford Rangers, Northwich Vic, Worcester City, Scarborough, Telford, Bath, Runcorn etc, etc........ could all be classed similar. We are were we are and IMO the manager and the chairman are doing an honest job on resources that are available to them. I appreciate everyone’s opinion and their right to voice it but the fact is money talks at all levels of football in this day and age much more than it did back in the day. For those that don’t agree with me there is always Sky,BT,Virgin to give your hard earned cash to.

Spot on. You can either live in the past and pine for the days when we were one of the biggest non-league clubs in the country by default, or accept the world has moved on and that the name 'Boston' doesn't mean anything any more to a lot of people. We're going to have to scrap our way back to relevance - it's hard work, there's no guarantee it will happen.... but what's the alternative? Nottingham Forest? Nah, cheers.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2019, 11:45:13 AM »

Spot on. You can either live in the past and pine for the days when we were one of the biggest non-league clubs in the country by default, or accept the world has moved on and that the name 'Boston' doesn't mean anything any more to a lot of people. We're going to have to scrap our way back to relevance - it's hard work, there's no guarantee it will happen.... but what's the alternative? Nottingham Forest? Nah, cheers.
Or worse "Peterborough"!!!
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2019, 12:23:04 PM »

or God forbid, Lincoln- aaarrrgghhh

delbar

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2019, 01:39:56 PM »

or God forbid, Lincoln- aaarrrgghhh

I would certainly never be one of them, but Lincoln doing well has certainly pulled a good few fans away from BUFC, glory seeking turncoat w**kers!