Author Topic: new striker  (Read 15495 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: new striker
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2019, 02:54:23 PM »
We should be a steady mid table conference club

We haven't been that since the late 80s/early 90s.

About time we got back there then.

No disrespect Scott but you are of the generation of fans who have only known top end Conference and FL, then this mediocrity.

Historically BUFC are a big club in non league, they are seriously under achieving this last decade.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2019, 02:54:49 PM »
Football really does seem to make some people thoroughly miserable.

I see it a bit differently. Andy is right, we *should* be a Conference side. Not disputing that. But I can understand why, given we're trying to move to a new stadium and have bugger all assets to help fund the move, the football side of things hasn't been spectacular.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 02:56:28 PM by Pete B »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2019, 03:02:19 PM »
We should be a steady mid table conference club

We haven't been that since the late 80s/early 90s.

About time we got back there then.

No disrespect Scott but you are of the generation of fans who have only known top end Conference and FL, then this mediocrity.

Historically BUFC are a big club in non league, they are seriously under achieving this last decade.

Not qute true, my first years were us struggling to get out of the UniBond.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2019, 03:12:39 PM »
No, ambition Boston Utd style

We should be a steady mid table conference club, but people have just accepted mediocrity since we came out of the FL and as a result we've a whole generation of fans who think this current situation is acceptable. I'm sorry but I no longer buy this 'just be thankful we've got a club' rhetoric, there's a growing number of long time fans growing increasingly disenchanted with the club and its 'second best is good enough' attitude. This season's chaotic recruitment and abysmal home form have been the last straw for loads of people, the gates since Xmas tell their own sorry tale of disenchantment and apathy within the support, and the club need to do something to address it.

I bet North Ferriby fans would totally disagree with you, they would love to be back were we are and not been wound up in the high court today.
To be honest you should be very grateful that you have a club to support and a stadium to park your backside,yes we are not progressing as many fans would like to see, but for god's sake give it some time and we will be back in the Conference, but if we can't afford to stay in there what's the point of going up to come straight back down again, no doubt that wouldn't please you either.
I have read a number of your post's on here and you never give a solution to our problems,but are always quick to criticize the club and team/management.
We can be thankful l suppose that you haven't yet embarked on a vocal campaign to have Craig replaced at the helm, but l guess there is plenty of time for that to happen.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2019, 03:41:10 PM »
Anyway, to lighten the mood, we've got a new defender in :)

TEP

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2019, 03:51:21 PM »
Some thoughts for going forward
Forge links with more local clubs such as peterborough Lincoln Grimsby Scunthorpe Nottingham forest Notts county leicester etc.
Appoint a full time fundraiser for the club who should be worth their weight in gold if they are good at there job.
Look to use the stadium for more events / concerts?.
We just seem to be stagnating at the moment. I know it's not easy but if we don't try to push forward we will die

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2019, 03:58:34 PM »
Forge links with more local clubs such as peterborough Lincoln Grimsby Scunthorpe Nottingham forest Notts county leicester etc.
Appoint a full time fundraiser for the club who should be worth their weight in gold if they are good at there job.
We just seem to be stagnating at the moment. I know it's not easy but if we don't try to push forward we will die

Not sure the locals will be up for concerts, but the new ground will definitely allow us to stage more fundraising events. That and the revenue from the pitches and the sports hall, along with the massive YS rent no longer being a burden, should mean we'll be a more sustainable, and attractive, club long term. Although we'll presumably no longer be subsidised by the Chestnuts, so I wouldn't expect to see us suddenly flush with cash.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2019, 05:16:54 PM »

We should be a steady mid table conference club, but people have just accepted mediocrity since we came out of the FL and as a result we've a whole generation of fans who think this current situation is acceptable. I'm sorry but I no longer buy this 'just be thankful we've got a club' rhetoric, there's a growing number of long time fans growing increasingly disenchanted with the club and its 'second best is good enough' attitude. This season's chaotic recruitment and abysmal home form have been the last straw for loads of people, the gates since Xmas tell their own sorry tale of disenchantment and apathy within the support, and the club need to do something to address it.

I bet North Ferriby fans would totally disagree with you, they would love to be back were we are and not been wound up in the high court today.
To be honest you should be very grateful that you have a club to support and a stadium to park your backside,yes we are not progressing as many fans would like to see, but for god's sake give it some time and we will be back in the Conference, but if we can't afford to stay in there what's the point of going up to come straight back down again, no doubt that wouldn't please you either.
I have read a number of your post's on here and you never give a solution to our problems,but are always quick to criticize the club and team/management.
We can be thankful l suppose that you haven't yet embarked on a vocal campaign to have Craig replaced at the helm, but l guess there is plenty of time for that to happen.

Its this kind of 'be thankful for what we have attitude' that has permeated the support to the point we accept the dross that's been served up over the last few season........

You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine.......   

I just think we as a supporter base deserve much better than what's been served up, especially this season. And I think a significant proportion of the support have gone further than I have and stopped attending, at least I put money into the club week in week out, what would you rather have?

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2019, 05:48:46 PM »

Its this kind of 'be thankful for what we have attitude' that has permeated the support to the point we accept the dross that's been served up over the last few season........

I just think we as a supporter base deserve much better than what's been served up, especially this season. And I think a significant proportion of the support have gone further than I have and stopped attending, at least I put money into the club week in week out, what would you rather have?

Come on Young Chubby it's only a month ago you wanted Craig E sacked. Maybe your time in the Polish sun while you were morphing into Old Boy Thin drove u nuts!!

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2019, 07:29:16 PM »

Come on Young Chubby it's only a month ago you wanted Craig E sacked. Maybe your time in the Polish sun while you were morphing into Old Boy Thin drove u nuts!!

As l said over and over again, l have no idea who Young Chubby is, he must be hell of a chap as he gets mentioned quite a lot on here.
I do though stand by my previous comment, and we shouldn't be ungrateful for any kind of support after all we could be without a ground or financial backing.
I would hate to think what would happen if the current owners decided to walk away now, l don't see anyone with the financial means that would come forward and take us on.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2019, 08:54:33 PM »
I think we have a outstanding fulltime  fundraiser ,  Craig Singleton .

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2019, 10:21:39 PM »
Has it occurred to anyone that if George Willis was not just an excellent shot stopper, but commanded his area and was brilliant at claiming corners and crosses..... he'd be playing for a bigger club?

Straight to the point as usual.  Can't see why some people on here can't understand that if a player is already good enough to go higher, chances are that he will do that.  If we bring on players and they improve within the club we may get a bit more time with them before they move on.

Rough translation:

If you are crap, and you know you are crap, don't worry. Come and play for us, because we are crap as well.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2019, 12:00:06 AM »
Has it occurred to anyone that if George Willis was not just an excellent shot stopper, but commanded his area and was brilliant at claiming corners and crosses..... he'd be playing for a bigger club?

Straight to the point a ;)s usual.  Can't see why some people on here can't understand that if a player is already good enough to go higher, chances are that he will do that.  If we bring on players and they improve within the club we may get a bit more time with them before they move on.

Rough translation:

If you are crap, and you know you are crap, don't worry. Come and play for us, because we are crap as well.

Translated straight from the Double Dutch text book?  ;)
United we stand..................

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2019, 09:13:44 AM »

Straight to the point as usual.  Can't see why some people on here can't understand that if a player is already good enough to go higher, chances are that he will do that.  If we bring on players and they improve within the club we may get a bit more time with them before they move on.

Rough translation:

Willis isn't crap, though. He's not perfect - which is what some people apparently want him to be.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2019, 11:14:22 AM »

Andy, I will try to express my opinions in a way that will not cause offence. The one thing we can agree upon is the football has been mediocre, but I do feel Pete B makes a good point when he says he can understand why, given we're trying to move into a new stadium and have no assets to help fund the move the football hasn't been spectacular, plus the crippling rent being paid for York Street.
You deride the "Be thankful for what we have attitude" well the fact is without the "Chestnuts" there would be no club,Fact.The fact is until the club is in the new stadium where it will be able to raise extra revenue it must live within it's means so what everyone should be doing is supporting the club through these tough times.