Author Topic: new striker  (Read 15154 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: new striker
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2019, 01:00:34 PM »
I will grant you he has made some good saves but I have seen his errors too. His positioning is questionable at times, he very rarely come to collect a cross and gets beaten numerous times by shots outside the box.

Not in same class as Mal White, Gerry Stewart, Paul Bastock  Ravas  etc.

Ravas  :laugh:

I'm not saying GW will become a BUFC legend, but he's definitely good enough for us (and is signed for next season).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2019, 03:13:11 PM »
I will grant you he has made some good saves but I have seen his errors too. His positioning is questionable at times, he very rarely come to collect a cross and gets beaten numerous times by shots outside the box.

Not in same class as Mal White, Gerry Stewart, Paul Bastock  Ravas  etc.

Ravas  :laugh:

I'm not saying GW will become a BUFC legend, but he's definitely good enough for us (and is signed for next season).
From what I have seen from him so far, the lad has made some cracking important saves,that have undoubtedly kept us in and won us some games.
A very good keeper and still Work in progress IMO.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2019, 05:16:31 PM »
Well pilgrim 86 I wish I were as easily pleased as you. I think those that have signed already including Willis shows a lack of ambition as they have in the main struggled this year in a mediocre league at best.

I have said on here before that this has been a very disappointing season and have not felt entertained by hardly any home games this season.

Can only hope things are better next.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 05:22:33 PM »
Well pilgrim 86 I wish I were as easily pleased as you. I think those that have signed already including Willis shows a lack of ambition as they have in the main struggled this year in a mediocre league at best.

I have said on here before that this has been a very disappointing season and have not felt entertained by hardly any home games this season.

Can only hope things are better next.

Trust me, there's plenty feels the same way.

Another season of mediocrity awaits with the players committed to us for next season.

BUFC, the cosy mates club where mediocrity is accepted and ambition is a dirty word.

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2019, 08:16:00 PM »
Willis is an excellent "shot-stopper". He almost forces opposition strikers to make life easy for him. His weakness is crosses and balls into the area. He is not a good judge of "incoming artillery". He also is prone to suicidal runs from his box to intercept through balls from the opposition. That said, apart from the fact he needs to be 4/5 inches taller, I quite like him. Fair appraisal?

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2019, 09:22:44 PM »
Willis has kept us in games albeit mostly its when we still lose and he keeps the score respectable
He has still conceded quite a few horrendous goals this season

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 10:21:02 AM »
Has it occurred to anyone that if George Willis was not just an excellent shot stopper, but commanded his area and was brilliant at claiming corners and crosses..... he'd be playing for a bigger club?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2019, 11:28:02 AM »
Has it occurred to anyone that if George Willis was not just an excellent shot stopper, but commanded his area and was brilliant at claiming corners and crosses..... he'd be playing for a bigger club?

Straight to the point as usual.  Can't see why some people on here can't understand that if a player is already good enough to go higher, chances are that he will do that.  If we bring on players and they improve within the club we may get a bit more time with them before they move on.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 11:37:33 AM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2019, 12:38:18 PM »
I think George has improved so much, his distribution in the last few months in particular has been superb at times.

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2019, 12:41:39 PM »
And that just about sums things up. There are a number of people on here seem  to accept what we have and the level we are at. Unless the club soon starts to show real ambition to get out of this god forsaken league the gates will be averaging nearer 500 and the new ground will get further and further away.

Think the chairman must be pulling his hair out and getting really frustrated.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2019, 12:53:32 PM »
And that just about sums things up. There are a number of people on here seem  to accept what we have and the level we are at. Unless the club soon starts to show real ambition to get out of this god forsaken league the gates will be averaging nearer 500 and the new ground will get further and further away.

Think the chairman must be pulling his hair out and getting really frustrated.

Ambition like North Ferriby or Salford style ?

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2019, 02:01:46 PM »
Burton Albion, Morecambe, Accrington style?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2019, 02:06:18 PM »
No, ambition Boston Utd style

We should be a steady mid table conference club, but people have just accepted mediocrity since we came out of the FL and as a result we've a whole generation of fans who think this current situation is acceptable. I'm sorry but I no longer buy this 'just be thankful we've got a club' rhetoric, there's a growing number of long time fans growing increasingly disenchanted with the club and its 'second best is good enough' attitude. This season's chaotic recruitment and abysmal home form have been the last straw for loads of people, the gates since Xmas tell their own sorry tale of disenchantment and apathy within the support, and the club need to do something to address it.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2019, 02:37:18 PM »
get into the play-offs?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2019, 02:44:09 PM »
We should be a steady mid table conference club

We haven't been that since the late 80s/early 90s.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/