Author Topic: Southport (a)  (Read 8341 times)

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
Re: Southport (a)
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2019, 08:00:09 PM »
Credit where it is due. Nicky Walker would not be the first name on the teamsheet if I was picking the team. The last time I saw him play[at Chester], he was poor. When I made my annual Autumn visit to York St. for the Blyth Spartans game, he was hopeless for the first hour. He was then presented with a simple shot for a goal. He scuffed it, but their goalie let it go between his legs for the first goal. I remember shouting,"You jammy b&^($*£d". Fast forward to today. He came on for Rollins with about 15 minutes left. He set up Allott for the 2nd goal and then got the winner in the last minute of normal time. Impact player! And so tonight, Nicky Walker, I salute you.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2019, 09:50:56 AM »
Nicky Walker has been one of our most consistent players (behind Willis), so I think you're a bit of a jinx on him!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019, 09:57:56 AM »
We've played much better and not won so we'll take it
Took 30 minutes to get goingand could have been further behind but 2ndnhakf with the wind we got a grip on 5th e game and started creating chances, their keeper made a great save at 1 all but then allott put a 2nd away with a good finish before we gave away a 2nd very soft goal
But with neither side settling for a draw we got the bit of luck we've been overdue.
Very flat away end all game but at least those of us who did bother went home with something to smile about

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2019, 11:27:30 AM »
I must admit Brummie I wasn't very impressed when we re signed Nicky Walker, I'm glad to say I have been proven wrong.

Admiration to all that went yesterday to Southport.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2019, 04:21:30 PM »
Our season isn't over yet, 8 games left. Just looking over the remaining fixtures if we are still in touch with the top 7 our last 2 look profitable. Other teams in top 7 will drop points & it's quite often a team gatecrashing the playoffs will drive on that momentum.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2019, 05:49:07 PM »
Our season isn't over yet, 8 games left. Just looking over the remaining fixtures if we are still in touch with the top 7 our last 2 look profitable. Other teams in top 7 will drop points & it's quite often a team gatecrashing the playoffs will drive on that momentum.
I agree champs, it ain't over until it's over.
Like you l am still believing, just need to see some more construction work taking place.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2019, 04:58:03 AM »

.....at least we wont have any relegation nerves this season (will we?...) 👍

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2019, 10:25:18 AM »
To make the play offs, we require a consistent run of wins. Something we haven't had all season...

If we still have a chance with 2 games to go, anything could happen (similar to last year). Hope, but not expectation.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2019, 01:58:16 PM »
To make the play offs, we require a consistent run of wins. Something we haven't had all season...

If we still have a chance with 2 games to go, anything could happen (similar to last year). Hope, but not expectation.

Agree Pilgrim this will surely come down to winning the remaining home games. I think this seasons home form is likely the worst it's been for yonks. If we can win the home games?? And Carry on as we have away; yes a chance of play offs. However, this bunch cannot get anything resembling a run of results at York St. Whatever the reasons home games for us up to now have been awful. I'm not sure why it's dipped, but there's a fear factor at home and loyal fans have responded accordingly.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2019, 03:53:34 PM »
Actually, we only need four points from our remaining four home games to match the worst home season in the last few years (16/17), where we collected a pitiful 25 points at home all season. Granted, we have a very tricky game at home vs Chorley, so let's go worst case scenario and assume we lose that, a win and a draw against Curzon and Darlington should do it and then we have a free hit v Ashton. Don't pretend you're not excited.