Author Topic: 800 home fans  (Read 11467 times)

Bodge

• View Profile
800 home fans
« on: March 05, 2019, 09:26:30 PM »
Need I say more

Prof

• View Profile
Re: 800 home fans
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 10:30:13 PM »
Gonna fess up that I didn't go tonight despite season tickets for whole family. 1. Son has broken his leg so in pot and hard to manouevre; 2. so very demoralised after Saturday - just feel flat now about York St right now; 3. TBH losing faith a bit with this side and CE; 4. work in the morning. At least I feel I'm being honest with you all.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 11:01:16 PM »
Need I say more

Well you could say how pleased you were as you obviously persuaded quite a lot to follow your example and not attend tonight.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 11:11:30 PM »
But I was there you clever so and so. The internet thingy works on my phone. Trying to have a dig again at fellow fans oxo

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 11:47:07 PM »
But I was there you clever so and so. The internet thingy works on my phone. Trying to have a dig again at fellow fans oxo

Oh I am sorry I thought you had said that after Saturday you wouldn't be attending again, If you didn't say that then I do truly apologise.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 11:56:34 PM »

Oh I am sorry I thought you had said that after Saturday you wouldn't be attending again, If you didn't say that then I do truly apologise.

Just checked back and I was wrong you actually said that if we lost tonight then you and three more would not attend this season. Again I am sorry I clearly got it wrong but I hope you do give it another go the club needs your support, and no I am not having a dig at fellow fans.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 12:23:44 AM »
I went and enjoyed it, a good atmosphere and we gave it a go.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 07:12:07 AM »
Weirdly I enjoyed it more than most home games. Excellent atmosphere, why can we make it like that more often?
The team did their best but we weren't good enough
Rare to see a home crowd stay to clap them off after a loss like that at home, think everyone who went can't say we didn't put it all on the line last night
Chorley and Spennymoor will have a battle to outscored them in the remaining games....

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 07:13:58 AM »

At least we now know that the capacity of our tiny away end is at least 263 and not 202 as previously stated!
Seemed plenty more room in there too at the front

Though I suspect bogs and catering were stretched......

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2019, 07:17:57 AM »
Good game. No shame in losing to Stockport. A season of learning for a rookie manager at this level. This is likely to mean we lose as many as we win and finish mid table. Those seeking instant gratification and more wins then I suggest you pick a TV team - preferably one near the top of the Premier League. I've actually been to watch Posh in five home games this season and failed to see them win. This stuff happens.

Lots of positives last night but we've not got quite enough quality to consistently challenge the top sides. There's no magic wand to fix that but there's also no shame in it either. Even after a four hour round trip from Norwich, I'm not disheartened - I just love going to live matches :)

TEP

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2019, 08:37:06 AM »
As already said Stockport were man for man better and stronger, and some of the players just couldnt step up to the plate, a couple I would say even hiding a little. That said Stockport are full time and a huge club and I think they could have stepped up a gear if needed. For me the difference was up top, they had great link up play and power. We have Gav, who holds it up well decent on the floor but thats it nothing around him to feed off him.

The key moment was when the ref, who i think is poor, didnt give a blatant foul and two seconds later they go 2 up. Enjoyed my night and game, I still think Craig will come good but I would like to see a bit more from the sidelines in terms of motivation.

Final point, away fans were great in the Coach and Horses , Sportsbar and generally vocal. But they manhandled two of the stewards, a couple on the pitch and one even grabbed a players ear as they were taking a corner, where were the police, underneath the control hub surelt the last place they should be.

CountyFan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2019, 08:41:04 AM »
I didn't go last night as there were no trains back and only one coach ran, I listened to it on the radio and it sounded like you caused us all sorts of problems in the first half, we have an 18 man squad and they're all good players, we made 6 changes from the side that beat Spennymoor and I thought we'd got it wrong in the first half. Keep the faith lads and lasses, it will come good for you, after 6 years in this division I was beginning to think things would never change, maybe your new ground will be the catalyst, although I'll miss York St as it's a proper old school ground.

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2019, 10:48:10 AM »
I think a number of us appreciate it's not all about winning but it is about being entertained and home games this season have not delivered in the main. Not  sure Craig is learning a lot or quickly enough. Time may run out for him.

StrandedH

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2019, 10:50:02 AM »
As already said Stockport were man for man better and stronger, and some of the players just couldnt step up to the plate, a couple I would say even hiding a little. That said Stockport are full time and a huge club and I think they could have stepped up a gear if needed. For me the difference was up top, they had great link up play and power. We have Gav, who holds it up well decent on the floor but thats it nothing around him to feed off him.

The key moment was when the ref, who i think is poor, didnt give a blatant foul and two seconds later they go 2 up. Enjoyed my night and game, I still think Craig will come good but I would like to see a bit more from the sidelines in terms of motivation.

Final point, away fans were great in the Coach and Horses , Sportsbar and generally vocal. But they manhandled two of the stewards, a couple on the pitch and one even grabbed a players ear as they were taking a corner, where were the police, underneath the control hub surelt the last place they should be.

Stockport fan in peace here, just want to say that while it's a common belief I've seen from fans in this league this year we are NOT a full time side. Our goalkeeper is a lorry driver, our top goalscorer a schoolteacher (which is why he missed our FA Trophy replay against Maidstone last week) for example. We train more nights a week this season than we used to but all the players who played last night will be at day jobs today.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2019, 11:35:17 AM »
In that case fair play to JG as hes got some top players in there. I for one hope you win the league, been to away days at your place and always had a great time in pubs around the ground and had a right laugh with locals, and joined the little private members social club attached to ground, cost a quid.