Author Topic: 800 home fans  (Read 11556 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: 800 home fans
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2019, 02:49:32 PM »
Some of the refs do make dreadful decisions but there's a reason they're reffing at this level - many of them are still developing, and I have nothing but respect for anyone willing to don the black and subject themselves to that amount of abuse on a Saturday afternoon when they could just as easily not bother.

Spot on,I cringe at some of the comments aimed at the officials.

Without them there is no game.

In our games using the traditional marks out of ten system,  most the refs would score higher than many of our players .

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2019, 03:49:33 PM »
Some of the refs do make dreadful decisions but there's a reason they're reffing at this level - many of them are still developing, and I have nothing but respect for anyone willing to don the black and subject themselves to that amount of abuse on a Saturday afternoon when they could just as easily not bother.
I find it amazing how the other officials' sometimes are reluctant to help them out, the refs can't see everything at this level.
Often the other officials' are older and much more experienced than the younger refs and could easily put there flags up a bit more often.
But officiating is a dammed if you do or if you do job.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Kirtonian

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2019, 06:23:08 PM »
Not sure what a "damned if you do or if you do job" is Fat Boy Slim or whatever you are now known as after your return from Poland. Amy is now 41 so she is hardly a youngster. Knew her from Loughborough (nee Raynor) and she is a really genuine lass.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2019, 06:35:45 PM »
I wasn't questioning her integrity,ability or character.
Was there anywhere in my post that alluded to Amy's performance.
Whoever you think l am, and god knows why you think that l am a previous poster is beyond me.
Anyway l will out of politeness wish you a very nice weekend.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".