Author Topic: 800 home fans  (Read 11557 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: 800 home fans
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2019, 12:25:28 PM »

At least we now know that the capacity of our tiny away end is at least 263 and not 202 as previously stated!
Seemed plenty more room in there too at the front

Though I suspect bogs and catering were stretched......

I think there is (obvously!) room in there for more than 202, as that is the standing capacity and the wooden seats cannot be counted as they are... wooden. Next safety meeting might be interesting, as I thought our turnstiles are computer-synced and stop letting people in when capacity is reached (it was required when entering the FL).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2019, 01:02:11 PM »
I think a number of us appreciate it's not all about winning but it is about being entertained and home games this season have not delivered in the main. Not  sure Craig is learning a lot or quickly enough. Time may run out for him.

My thoughts exactly.

I think the one thing that will count against him is the shocking decline in attendances since the turn of the year, we're almost 400 regulars down going by last nights figures and I can't see another 1000+ gate this season. Once the crowds dip DN tends to start getting a bit twitchy with the trigger finger.

But 8 home league defeats in 17 games tells its own story, for the most part its been turgid, uninspiring, dreary fare, and at £15 a pop its only going to be the die hards and season ticket holders who are going to see out the last 4 games.........and I'm sorry to say if I didn't have a season ticket I'd have long since stopped attending games because I don't feel I'm being entertained sufficiently for my outlay.

Things have to change, three seasons of mediocrity have come home to roost, the club need to wake up to the fact the support isn't going to pay top end prices for more mid table no frills and no thrills football.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2019, 01:40:56 PM »
I think a number of us appreciate it's not all about winning but it is about being entertained and home games this season have not delivered in the main. Not  sure Craig is learning a lot or quickly enough. Time may run out for him.

My thoughts exactly.

I think the one thing that will count against him is the shocking decline in attendances since the turn of the year, we're almost 400 regulars down going by last nights figures and I can't see another 1000+ gate this season. Once the crowds dip DN tends to start getting a bit twitchy with the trigger finger.

But 8 home league defeats in 17 games tells its own story, for the most part its been turgid, uninspiring, dreary fare, and at £15 a pop its only going to be the die hards and season ticket holders who are going to see out the last 4 games.........and I'm sorry to say if I didn't have a season ticket I'd have long since stopped attending games because I don't feel I'm being entertained sufficiently for my outlay.

Things have to change, three seasons of mediocrity have come home to roost, the club need to wake up to the fact the support isn't going to pay top end prices for more mid table no frills and no thrills football.

Yours points are valid Andy but looking at attendances overall last night it begs the question   is there a
demand for Tuesday night football in non-league ?.
 NAT CON    last night . attendances .

Barrow v Leyton O       1085
.Harrogate                  785
Halifax v Barnet           1075.

Kirtonian

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2019, 02:02:19 PM »
It's a good point GHM. Sad to say but as a pensioner (just) I'm happy to sit in my armchair with a can of beer and watch Champions League. The weather here in the Midlands was very unpleasant last night and I was more than happy to stay indoors. Saturdays are totally different however.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2019, 02:11:34 PM »
In that case fair play to JG as hes got some top players in there. I for one hope you win the league, been to away days at your place and always had a great time in pubs around the ground and had a right laugh with locals, and joined the little private members social club attached to ground, cost a quid.

I'll go with that FC, I've been & enjoyed Stockport hospitality each season they've been in CN bar this one. Always been made welcome in pubs n clubs & ground etc. Actually had some great away days there, always remember Greenies last visit there when we drew 1:1 & it was a great game. In the pub after game all County fans were coming over & saying how well we played & we deserved to win: good honest fans. Yes with that Support they deserve the team they've got now & I hope they win the league. Fair play aswell if they can do it with a Part Time outfit; that debunks a few Full Time or no time theories on here!

mdfman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2019, 03:14:18 PM »
Boston's average gate this season is 1107 with 4 home games to go. Last season it was 1053 overall so currently attendances are slightly up though will probably end up about the same.
This time last year we played Harrogate in an evening game with an attendance of 875 , and the year before that , Chorley , in front of 807.
I'm sure we also had a gate of less than 600 for one midweek League game in recent years though I can't remember which one.
There are no missing fans this season. This is what we get as a mid table team in this League.
As with every team , if we were at the top of the table we would get alot more but there is no decline year on year based on our League position in mid table.
As with every season , as it drifts to a close with nothing much to play for , gates dip.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2019, 03:22:57 PM »
Boston's average gate this season is 1107 with 4 home games to go. Last season it was 1053 overall so currently attendances are slightly up though will probably end up about the same.
This time last year we played Harrogate in an evening game with an attendance of 875 , and the year before that , Chorley , in front of 807.
I'm sure we also had a gate of less than 600 for one midweek League game in recent years though I can't remember which one.
There are no missing fans this season. This is what we get as a mid table team in this League.
As with every team , if we were at the top of the table we would get alot more but there is no decline year on year based on our League position in mid table.
As with every season , as it drifts to a close with nothing much to play for , gates dip.

We had 548 I think against Gloucester in 2013
Greenes first game. Won 4 nil in midweek
I can't see another 4 figure gate all season
Maybe the club needs to do an offer 4 games for 30 quid or something or have all ticket stubs from these 4 games and you get 10 percent of a season ticket next season

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2019, 03:43:44 PM »
I went and enjoyed it, a good atmosphere and we gave it a go.

Thought the first half was the best display of the season, both clubs playing football and no one going down writhing in agony to get free kicks. Both sides had chances and 0-0 at break was a fair reflection on play. Then Amy seemed to 'lose it' in the second half and boy did we suffer!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2019, 04:23:15 PM »
Could not make it last night, but by what I heard I missed a good match.  We seem to get Amy reffing us a lot and never get the rub of the green.  I do not think she is up to it, I am not being sexist, I think the standard of referees in this league is very poor.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2019, 09:02:26 PM »
We seem to get Amy reffing us a lot and never get the rub of the green.

We had won 5 of the 6 previous games she reffed us in, before last night.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2019, 03:17:45 PM »
I have been thinking about how to sum up my feelings about the current situation and performance at the club.
I have only started watching again after many years away, so my opinion can only be based on that and also recent end of season league table positions.
The club and tram really do seem to have a feeling that it is standing still, l know we don't have the money and resources etc etc,
The lack of updates on the progress of funding for new stadium is worrying, have we got it or not,things have gone very quiet again.
I have myself asked the chairman how this moving on, and he does seem non committal on the subject.
Anticipation can be a useful and exciting tool, but it also brings with it, frustration,doubts,feat and anxiety.
Which sadly the latter seems to be affecting many of us, l think it's not rocket science to see that the new stadium and facilities is pivotal to the long term success and stability of our club.
This is just an opinion of a rambling old fella.

"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2019, 03:19:59 PM »
Sorry for the bad spelling, predictive text and age combines to defeat me again.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2019, 08:40:32 PM »
We seem to get Amy reffing us a lot and never get the rub of the green.

We had won 5 of the 6 previous games she reffed us in, before last night.

Its a fair point Pilgrim! I also remember the Stockport game at home in the last play off season when she gave an innocuous challenge on Pidge as a penalty; then when Dayle missed the first one, gave him another go at it as apparently the keeper moved 2 soon?

Let's be honest it's always dodgems & ghost trains; yes I no sometimes the dice can appear loaded. However if we blame referees for results, well we need to dig a bit deeper. 100% are honest & they do their best for 90 odd minutes.

Personally I think CE has found this level tough to negotiate. He did an amazing job to turn it around last year & it has to be said he had at least 3 players in that side were excellent: Hemmings, Thompson & Keane.

I will say now that the former poster Young Chubby 69 called it absolutely right. Instead of all the options CE took on disappointing strikers, well maybe he would have been better off paying Guiseley the fee for Reece. Ah hindsight but we wonder he seemed much happier & committed at Boston, was doing the business & the player also so wanted the move?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2019, 08:00:23 AM »
Some of the refs do make dreadful decisions but there's a reason they're reffing at this level - many of them are still developing, and I have nothing but respect for anyone willing to don the black and subject themselves to that amount of abuse on a Saturday afternoon when they could just as easily not bother.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2019, 01:16:28 PM »
Some of the refs do make dreadful decisions but there's a reason they're reffing at this level - many of them are still developing, and I have nothing but respect for anyone willing to don the black and subject themselves to that amount of abuse on a Saturday afternoon when they could just as easily not bother.

Spot on,I cringe at some of the comments aimed at the officials.

Without them there is no game.