Author Topic: Another late goal!  (Read 12411 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Another late goal!
« on: March 02, 2019, 05:01:04 PM »
Gutted to see us let a late goal in. Are we lacking fitness?

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Another late goal!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 05:29:06 PM »
Gutted to see us let a late goal in. Are we lacking fitness?

Yes, Boston need a fitness coach.  :D

Greengrass

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 05:29:44 PM »
We'll find out on Tuesday ;D

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 05:37:33 PM »
Nice one Ken I've always stated we needed a fitness coach ;)

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 05:53:52 PM »
Need a manager who likes to attack from the start rather than waiting till the 80th minute.

But Craig said in his interview he would have settled for about draw before the match, so he will be happy.

Unfortunately the crowd will continue to fall until we start to win at home and I suspect a drop in season ticket sales for next season.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 05:56:21 PM »
Settled for a draw??? That will really encourage people to turn up. I think Mr Newton needs to have a word.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2019, 06:09:38 PM »
Until we got the penalty we didn't look like scoring.
Getting the penalty was a get out of jail card and Craig should have capitalised on it by bringing the wingers on.

Had he done it then, I do think we would have won the match.

Craig, I feel lacks quality in psychology. We may have equalised but nothing had changed.

When I heard the team he had selected. I feared it would be a rerun of the FC Utd match and did think the missing fans had also heard the team selection and decided to stop at home.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2019, 06:50:17 PM »
Need a manager who likes to attack from the start rather than waiting till the 80th minute.

But Craig said in his interview he would have settled for about draw before the match, so he will be happy.

Unfortunately the crowd will continue to fall until we start to win at home and I suspect a drop in season ticket sales for next season.

Bottom line is all season home form has given loyal fans little to cheer. For a team right on the periphery of the play offs; come March against another side in play offs: even with their 39 fans we couldn't get a 1,000 gate. This speaks volumes re belief & expectation of home performance from this current crop. A few seasons ago a Greene team would have had 13/1400 + in York St for a similar fixture at this stage of the season.

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2019, 07:19:24 PM »
In Craig's interview he says he wants to keep in games and was happy with a draw today,he's always saying how good the opposition is and that supporters don't give other teams the respect they deserve,doesn't he want fans to get excited about there team winning ,no I don't think he does or he would give them something to shout about and feel part of something good. I don't understand his negative tactics in home games it's like he doesn't want to score goals.surely having the crowd on your side singing and encouraging the team would be better.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2019, 09:15:42 PM »
Is Ben Davies top scorer?
Cant be far off.....

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2019, 09:22:33 PM »
In Craig's interview he says he wants to keep in games and was happy with a draw today,he's always saying how good the opposition is and that supporters don't give other teams the respect they deserve,doesn't he want fans to get excited about there team winning ,no I don't think he does or he would give them something to shout about and feel part of something good. I don't understand his negative tactics in home games it's like he doesn't want to score goals.surely having the crowd on your side singing and encouraging the team would be better.

I have to agree with you Mick, As you know we all groaned when we saw the team sheet with no wingers. Like you I do not understand when he says we set up to hang on and stay in the game for 50/60 minutes, that surely is saying with a little bit of luck if we can do that we may just nick a goal late on. Like you we attend all games home and away and in away games we are much better, Why? we usually play wingers and create chances. Today with no wingers their number 3 could have played the game in his wedding suit. With young Max on the bench the first goal was bound to come down their left as it left the struggling Davies without Max to help him out which in all honesty has been the case in the last few games. Our mid field is as poor as it has ever been and how a certain player in there is ever picked to start a game is beyond my comprehension. Then what happened? off he came to be replaced by Wright and it was a different team and a different game and their number three had to put his overalls on but was unable to stop our WINGER changing the game. Please Craig forget this hanging on with no wingers and get at teams from from the off I am sure we will all get behind you and the team if this happens and we will not give a toss if we lose the odd game when the lads are giving their all to win the game.  UTP.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2019, 09:24:48 PM »
Is Ben Davies top scorer?
Cant be far off.....

Don't know but he has been very poor last few games.  Cracking penalty though.

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2019, 09:55:58 PM »
I am sorry to say but I don't think Craig is learning much at all and is even starting to have a go at fans. A slippery slope I fear. I worry about the players he has tied up for next year as they are mediocre at best this year not much hope for better next. Will be interesting in season ticket sales. A number around me have already said that they are not renewing theirs.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2019, 10:00:37 PM »
If this negatively continues at home I may not renew my season ticket for next season and I'm not alone. Home games this season have been mostly poor entertainment. 

I personally don't think Craig has done himself any favours by getting players signed for next season and beyond, because they perhaps won't put themselves out knowing they don't have to play to earn a contract and he obviously doesn't think we will get promotion because the players aren't good enough.

That won't help the attendance for rest of this season - and the knock on effect for next season.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2019, 10:03:34 PM »
FFS, we should be happy to draw at home, should we!!!

Shows how far we have fallen. Playoff chances have all but gone, seems Craig has settled for mid table mediocrity.

I for one don’t see that as anywhere good enough, really not convinced he’s the man for the job. Going Tuesday but if we fail to get anything there will be a further 3 less each game on the attendance to the end of the season.