Author Topic: Stockport County  (Read 9223 times)

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Stockport County
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2019, 04:58:46 PM »
They're sure to be buoyant when they arrive at York Street on Tuesday evening after beating Spennymoor today (they've now done the double over them) and Chorley only getting a draw at Darlington.

What an attendance too!! They were 6,311 at Edgeley Park today (213 visitors).

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2019, 05:27:15 PM »
What a massive gate. Fully deserve to be in conference with that following.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2019, 06:40:41 PM »
I thought football was played on the pitch not in the stands.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2019, 11:46:02 AM »
What a massive gate. Fully deserve to be in conference with that following.

Yet 6000 of them home fans won't make the trip Tuesday night.....
Probably for the best these so called big clubs are gone. They're cash cows for every other team except us (and possibly Blyth, Hereford and Darlington)
We're losing out massively compared to the average club just through lack of away fans. I reckon it's 20 to 40 grand! 39 from a team on the crest of a wave yesterday for example, other clubs can budget for Stockport, fcum, York etc taking 500, 800, 1500 to their ground yet neither muster a couple hundred at our place

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2019, 11:10:56 AM »
We cannot change where we are located, but Tuesday night is a downer, work etc.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

CountyFan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2019, 04:17:09 PM »
If it was a Saturday I'd be there without hesitation, I've been to your ground 3 times and I really like it, it's a proper football ground and a good town, I admit to having had a bad image of Boston prior to visiting. I'd seen reports about Boston having the fattest residents in the country and being a UKIP stronghold so it doesn't paint a great picture, however I was pleasantly surprised when I spent a day in the town. Unfortunately I can't get there tomorrow as there are no trains back, there's only one coach and that's booked up and I've rung around trying to get a lift without success so it's the radio for me, you are unfortunately positioned in football terms, I'd booked half a day off work confident I could get there but sadly I'll have to make do with a trip to Brackley on Saturday and that is a place I wouldn't mind giving a swerve.
We really are playing well but tomorrow worries me, prior to the Spennymoor game I said the next 3 games would be a tough test and if we come out of it no more than 2 points behind the leaders I'd be happy, so far so good.