Author Topic: Stockport County  (Read 9303 times)

pieman pete

• View Profile
Stockport County
« on: February 20, 2019, 10:00:41 AM »
Stockport are on an icredible run of form at the moment, look favourites to win the league now to me.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Stockport County
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 10:35:19 AM »
Fair play to them. Cracking fans, decent stadium (away end excepted). They're far too big to be languishing in this hilariously bad division.

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 06:01:26 PM »
If they do win the league we will have won against the champions, away, two seasons on the trot.

Greengrass

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 08:04:05 PM »
If they do win the league we will have won against the champions, away, two seasons on the trot.

And got nothing for it apart from the 6 points 😢

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 07:56:08 PM »
Bit confused why Stockport have drawn in FA Trophy today and have a replay,
£FC £ylde draw with Barnet and its gone to extra time and penalties, both 4th round ties?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 02:20:06 AM »
Clubs can agree to settle on the day.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 11:09:54 AM »
Thanks P86.

Kirtonian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 11:55:48 AM »
This agreement caused lots of confusion in an early round of the Vase. A local team to me, Ingles FC visited Melton Town and beforehand had agreed on a replay. However, after the game ended in a draw, the referee was having none of this agreement and insisted on extra time. Melton won but on appeal Ingles won the replay. Who said the referee knows best?

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 05:50:40 PM »
This agreement caused lots of confusion in an early round of the Vase. A local team to me, Ingles FC visited Melton Town and beforehand had agreed on a replay. However, after the game ended in a draw, the referee was having none of this agreement and insisted on extra time. Melton won but on appeal Ingles won the replay. Who said the referee knows best?

The problem was not with extra-time being played it was that the game was decided on penalties when the two sides had agreed it would go to a replay.

In the FA Vase if the scores are level after 90 minutes then it is mandatory that extra-time is played. If the scores are level after extra-time then the default is the game goes to a replay. However, the two teams can agree in advance to finish the tie on the day with a penalty shoot-out if they so wish, but this should be clearly stated on the match arrangement form which is sent to the FA within 7 days of the draw being made. If the tie is going to be decided by a penalty shoot out then the referee has to be informed no later than 45 minutes before kick-off.

As someone who has to complete the match arrangement form for FA Cup and FA Vase ties I can confirm that it clearly states on the form that extra-time is mandatory in the FA Vase (and FA Youth Cup).

Kirtonian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 03:12:08 PM »
Thanks FT. I am now aware of the rules. Strange though that the Vase and Trophy are not the same as each other.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 03:44:27 PM »
All FA cup competitions should play to the same rules... why 2 legged semi-finals in the Trophy and Vase, but not the Cup?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2019, 06:33:50 PM »
As their Trophy replay is due to take place tonight, then they play Spennymore on Saturday, will this run of hard games have a detrimental effect on them in regards
of our game against them next Tuesday?

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2019, 06:49:29 PM »
Let us hope so!

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2019, 10:20:08 PM »
Won 3  - 0 away at Maidstone with Jordan Keane scoring the final goal.  What a shame we couldn't keep him but can't blame him for wanting full-time football.
United we stand..................

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2019, 07:26:11 PM »
Highly rated Jamie stott has rejoined them on loan apparently. They think the world of him

I (almost certainly) can't go to this game only one all season
So it all points us to shit-housing a 1-0 win with our only shot all evening!