Author Topic: Chester Away...  (Read 9275 times)

Prof

• View Profile
Re: Chester Away...
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2019, 07:36:27 PM »
Waiting for the full analysis from Oxo.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2019, 08:54:02 PM »
Has he returned I thought he had resigned after N40 spoke the truth about his attitude to others. Love to read his comments tonight after he had a dig at me last week. I only stated we had beaten bottom and bottom but 1. I was a moaner let's see who's moaning tonight?

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2019, 09:56:02 PM »
CE on a big learning curve this season. This will mean we'll lose as many games as we win - get used to it.

I think he's made progress over the last couple of months but the area of focus now has to be the centre halves. They are Unibond level at best. They'll get through a game against the lower ranked teams but those with decent strikers will find them out.

Simple as that really. no need to panic - just set your expectations to a realistic level.

I went to see Grimsby today as Chester is about an eight hour round trip for me. They won dull. Probably had two or three chances the whole game but effective. We probably need a bit of that to be honest.

TEP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2019, 09:58:53 PM »
Oh they have pleased a few by losing, it would be a struggle to get on this site if we lost every game piece of cake though when they win. Yes I was there and we should have been two goals up as we were were all over them for the fist twenty minutes hitting the same post twice but as in earlier games if you don't take the chances you don't win the game. Only Qualter aquited himself well the rest of the defence were poor. Both fullbacks had a poor day particularly Davies missing his tackles for two goals despite scoring a consolation with a cracking free kick.  Thanoj put in a good shift but Wroe was way off it today. Nicky Walker appeared not to be interested and lacked any kind of effort. All in all a performance to put behind us and with no game next week a chance to work on the training pitch. UTP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2019, 10:16:24 PM »
Has he returned I thought he had resigned after N40 spoke the truth about his attitude to others. Love to read his comments tonight after he had a dig at me last week. I only stated we had beaten bottom and bottom but 1. I was a moaner let's see who's moaning tonight?

Ah, So you are Mark Walmsley on the other site. You are confusing people on here referring to posts on another site which they may not visit. Tell them all about it and see what reaction you get from members of this site who in the main are Boston United Supporters who actually attend all the games they can and support the club and who in the main give their honest views.

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2019, 10:54:40 PM »
Just got back from the game. The wheels came off today. I'll start with the goals.
1: Willis called for the ball, their center half won it.
2;Cracking finish but we let their winger set it up on a plate.
3. Davies got mugged at the far post.
4.Jackson done by a ball inside him. That left their other winger with a simple cross to make.

We had 3 clear chances. Allott hit the outside of the post from distance. Walker hit the same post when he looked certain to score. Then Harris had a lovely downward header pushed off the line by their goalie.

The midfield didn't create much, which meant hoofball was back. I thought Allott tried hard to make a difference, but he got little change from two no-nonsense, beefy center backs. Walker and Wright were both ineffective. Jay couldn't find any space today. Lots of players did a lot of running around, but to no real purpose.

There were twice as many Boston fans there as at Kiddy, but they were quiet. Nothing to get excited about. Chester were clearly the better team today, in fact the result could have been worse. They fluffed 2 or 3 good chances in the second half.

Tomorrow morning means looking forward to the next game.

UTP

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2019, 11:17:45 PM »
Well Craig must assume we will be playing in this league next season, because one or two of the players he has re-signed are barely good enough for this league never mind the league above us.  But whether the others are good enough for the higher league remains to be seen.

The team which lost to North Ferriby in the play off semi-final was in my view far better than the current team. Rollins in this team is considered the best striker we have whereas 3 years ago he was just one of the lads.

We might make the play offs but that's as far as it goes.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2019, 06:03:08 PM »
I wunder if boston target will giv boston town a better rite up after a nuver  good win me, granddad sed iff thay don't get a gud rite up  he will get in tuch with peter levy or porl hutson andcomplane god nos u they r 

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2019, 12:25:15 PM »
What has Peter Levy got to do with the Target newspaper?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2019, 02:08:28 PM »
god no,ss

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2019, 10:12:12 PM »
I wunder if boston target will giv boston town a better rite up after a nuver  good win me, granddad sed iff thay don't get a gud rite up  he will get in tuch with peter levy or porl hutson andcomplane god nos u they r

Never mind the rite up, is grandad still driving that dozer?