Author Topic: Already planning for next season  (Read 23386 times)

Bodge

• View Profile
Re: Already planning for next season
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2019, 05:08:15 AM »
Need at least 7 points from those 5 games to keep us in with a slim chance of the playoffs. 2 wins, a draw and 2 defeats, can’t see it myself, hope I’m wrong.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2019, 10:05:46 AM »
Let's face the facts this team isn't good enough for promotion and too good for relegation. About time CE takes a gamble on the youth team. Probably giving them half a game. Seems pointless having a youth set up and not using it.

The youth team are at a far lower level than they were a couple of years ago and even them lads rarely got a chance

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2019, 10:07:25 AM »
Yes not ideal results yesterday but the quality is so poor we shouldn't have to rely on others dropping points yo come 7th, if we can't come 7th in this division we don't deserve to have a chance to go up

Imagine our team in the conference next season if we did fluke our way up......

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2019, 03:22:32 PM »
Walker signs on for next season. Excellent news.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2019, 04:48:28 PM »
Good to get him tied down for next season, just would like to see Ash Jackson given another contract now and Nicky Wroe.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

pieman pete

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2019, 06:30:35 PM »
Nicky Wrote is contracted for next season

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2019, 06:38:19 PM »
Don't want to appear negative but these guys have not pulled up trees this year and not many are that young with scope to improve greatly so not getting excited yet. Appreciate long way to go but don't want another season like this at home

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2019, 07:03:28 PM »
Nicky Wrote is contracted for next season
Excellent  great news
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2019, 09:59:38 PM »
Don't want to appear negative but these guys have not pulled up trees this year and not many are that young with scope to improve greatly so not getting excited yet. Appreciate long way to go but don't want another season like this at home

Spot on one or two I would not get excited about.

pieman pete

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2019, 09:53:28 AM »
I think the players we have signed from this seasons squad have to be supplemented with about 10/12 players of real quality and who are good experienced players at the level we are currently playing at for us to be successful next season.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2019, 06:01:27 PM »
Craig Elliott has pledged there will be no more ‘gambles’ as he sets his sights on building a promotion-winning Boston United team.

Read more at: https://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/football/boston-united/no-more-gambles-elliott-determined-to-bring-in-next-level-players-to-boston-united-1-8875582
"I don't believe you""

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2019, 06:02:55 PM »
Can someone please remind me or confirm? So far for 19/20: Willis, Rollins, Wroe, Thanoj, Abbott, Walker (6). have I go that right?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2019, 08:53:51 PM »
Can someone please remind me or confirm? So far for 19/20: Willis, Rollins, Wroe, Thanoj, Abbott, Walker (6). have I go that right?

Correct.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2019, 02:03:50 PM »
Craig Elliott has pledged there will be no more ‘gambles’ as he sets his sights on building a promotion-winning Boston United team.

Read more at: https://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/football/boston-united/no-more-gambles-elliott-determined-to-bring-in-next-level-players-to-boston-united-1-8875582

Strange article? He's basically saying most of his signings 4 this season weren't good enough! Some of the pre season signings were from a higher level, but they couldn't get away quick enough! The lower league signings haven't cut it. It just does not resonate any confidence that next seasons crop will be any better. Personally I hope it has been a big learning curve for Craig. I like his honesty a lot. Good luck for next season.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2019, 02:20:43 PM »

Strange article? He's basically saying most of his signings 4 this season weren't good enough! Some of the pre season signings were from a higher level, but they couldn't get away quick enough! The lower league signings haven't cut it. It just does not resonate any confidence that next seasons crop will be any better. Personally I hope it has been a big learning curve for Craig. I like his honesty a lot. Good luck for next season.

My thoughts exactly Champs .