Author Topic: Already planning for next season  (Read 23411 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Already planning for next season
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2019, 08:33:04 AM »
Hope Davies resigns.

I hope you mean re-signs! :D

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2019, 10:35:36 AM »
Hope Davies resigns.
re signs or resigns?

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2019, 05:00:28 PM »
I meant "signs again" of course.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2019, 10:58:52 AM »
What would you do if you were BUFC's manager?

Would you wait until this season is over before trying to tie up the players you would like to keep and hope you can find a load of "gems" who may be available at that time, bearing in mind we will then know which league we will be playing in next season?

Keep your options open until well into the close season and see if you can get some "ready made" and "better" players to join you before falling back on the ones you have, if they still haven't then been signed by others?

Sign a fair number of your present squad who you trust in and believe can further improve, whilst going full out for the players you have been following the moment they could become available?
United we stand..................

pieman pete

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2019, 12:40:50 PM »
I think we know what league we will be playing in next season

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2019, 01:30:53 PM »
I think we know what league we will be playing in next season

So you should be able to give your thoughts then!

pieman pete

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2019, 01:46:35 PM »
I think we will be playing in the league that we currently are. We haven't been anywhere near consistent enough this season

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2019, 05:52:04 PM »
A bird in the hand--------,The devil you know-------.
What would you do if you were BUFC's manager?

Would you wait until this season is over before trying to tie up the players you would like to keep and hope you can find a load of "gems" who may be available at that time, bearing in mind we will then know which league we will be playing in next season?

Keep your options open until well into the close season and see if you can get some "ready made" and "better" players to join you before falling back on the ones you have, if they still haven't then been signed by others?

Sign a fair number of your present squad who you trust in and believe can further improve, whilst going full out for the players you have been following the moment they could become available?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2019, 09:27:54 PM »
I think we will be playing in the league that we currently are. We haven't been anywhere near consistent enough this season

Answered like a politician with an answer to your own question whilst avoiding the ones asked.  ???

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2019, 07:53:34 AM »

Based on our present league position a safe prediction to make ,   we are about 16 points clear of religation and 16 points short of the top 3 teams .     A big gap has appeared between us and the top three which highlights Graigs team building will have to continue .

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2019, 09:07:14 AM »
We are a bang average team in a mostly dreadful division. As I've said before, this has been one of the most disappointing seasons I can ever remember and a massive, massive missed opportunity. Even if we make the playoffs, we'd be extraordinarily lucky to make a dent in them. But what is football without hope eh?

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2019, 11:30:39 AM »
100% agree Pete B

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2019, 03:20:11 PM »
About time we changed our kit. Not bringing much luck is it.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2019, 04:27:03 PM »
We are a bang average team in a mostly dreadful division. As I've said before, this has been one of the most disappointing seasons I can ever remember and a massive, massive missed opportunity. Even if we make the playoffs, we'd be extraordinarily lucky to make a dent in them. But what is football without hope eh?

Expectations were high for this season & based on the way Craig turned things around last season hopes appeared justified. There were some excellent  performances in the last dozen games thrashing the 2 best teams in the league & with major reinforcements promised 4 this campaign we had  expectations of a top 4/5 finish at worst.
Totally agree with the above it's been disappointing at best. The most concerning thing is stil Craig's inability to assemble a settled side!! Even after Chester defeat he's talking about needing new faces & stating he's unhappy with the application & attitude of certain players? Honestly it's just gone too far now!
The concern after this record number of signings & exits is that he's never going to bring in the personnel to get us promoted.. Can his judgement on players be trusted next pre-season, after this past 6/7 months of weekly recruitment you have to wonder?
I like CE he is committed, hard working & honest. He has had success at a lower level. I really hope I'm wrong & like Pete would love us to gatecrash the playoffs but at present it's definitely hope & not expectation.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2019, 07:53:00 AM »

Expectations were high for this season & based on the way Craig turned things around last season hopes appeared justified. There were some excellent  performances in the last dozen games thrashing the 2 best teams in the league & with major reinforcements promised 4 this campaign we had  expectations of a top 4/5 finish at worst.
Totally agree with the above it's been disappointing at best. The most concerning thing is stil Craig's inability to assemble a settled side!! Even after Chester defeat he's talking about needing new faces & stating he's unhappy with the application & attitude of certain players? Honestly it's just gone too far now!
The concern after this record number of signings & exits is that he's never going to bring in the personnel to get us promoted.. Can his judgement on players be trusted next pre-season, after this past 6/7 months of weekly recruitment you have to wonder?
I like CE he is committed, hard working & honest. He has had success at a lower level. I really hope I'm wrong & like Pete would love us to gatecrash the playoffs but at present it's definitely hope & not expectation.

It was the win at Salford last season that did it for me. I thought we were absolutely brilliant that day and the way Elliott tactically outwitted the managers of the season convinced me we had a special gaffer on board. When the summer signings were announced, I was convinced we'd have a shot at the title. It was the same last year with Murray - I thought once he had his side in, and with his league experience, we'd be up there (although I always knew Salford would win the title). I should know better than to feel optimistic.