Author Topic: Already planning for next season  (Read 23743 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Already planning for next season
« on: February 13, 2019, 10:31:43 AM »
Great to see that Craig and The Chestnuts are already planning for next season with the signing of Jay Rollins and George Willis until the summer of 2020.  Well done!
United we stand..................

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Already planning for next season
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 10:37:04 AM »
Good to see and hopefully more to follow. Continuity with a solid core of players with a decent amount of time playing together really is key to success at this level - Den, for all his faults, proved that.

The only way this can go wrong is if we accidentally get promoted via the playoffs....  ;D

delbar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 03:10:43 PM »
Great news, find it so frustrating when we lose our better players each season. I think based on this season we might break the player of the year curse, with the newly crowned player not leaving for next season, unless of course a sensible offer comes in.

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 04:46:56 PM »
Good to see and hopefully more to follow. Continuity with a solid core of players with a decent amount of time playing together really is key to success at this level - Den, for all his faults, proved that.

The only way this can go wrong is if we accidentally get promoted via the playoffs....  ;D
We'd probably have to win three consecutive away games - something like Telford, then Spennymoor, then Stockport....no problem! Scraping into the playoffs would be the easy bit.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 06:08:05 PM »
Yes it is potentially having to beat the 4th, 3rd and then 2nd placed teams all away from home is probably the tricky bit...

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 07:29:33 PM »

We'd probably have to win three consecutive away games - something like Telford, then Spennymoor, then Stockport....no problem! Scraping into the playoffs would be the easy bit.

Yes they potentially would be v tough games. However over the season so far our home form has been the weakness, against the better sides we have been so much better away. We beat Stockport away, drew at Chorley, beat Kiddi & lost 2 v tight games v Spenny & Telford 1-0, we could easily have got something out of both those games. Maybe in a play off situation those teams would be wary of our away form & we would be up for it?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 09:40:46 AM »
More good news: Abbott and Thanoj signed up for next season now too.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 10:52:15 AM »
I know it looks like I disagree with everything you post ;)  But both these players have disappointed me this season.  But it is good that we are planning for next season
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 10:57:43 AM »
I know it looks like I disagree with everything you post ;)  But both these players have disappointed me this season.  But it is good that we are planning for next season

That's fine, disagree away! I know other fans who like both, and some who think Thanoj is decent but not Abbott and vice versa. For what it's worth, I don't think either of them have been helped by the constant turnover of players.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2019, 04:58:46 PM »

That's fine, disagree away! I know other fans who like both, and some who think Thanoj is decent but not Abbott and vice versa. For what it's worth, I don't think either of them have been helped by the constant turnover of players.
it is good that the spine / nucleus of the team is being kept together. it's taken until now to get a more settled side, which IMO has helped our form and results greatly. We've been forced into wholesale changes for the last few seasons and it will be a good starting point to have at least a few players that are used to playing with each other before the turn of the year!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2019, 06:09:05 PM »
Thanoj as been in good form since he came. Abbot not so much at the moment but as we know what he can do then im pleased there on board. Would also like to see Walker and allott added

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2019, 10:36:11 PM »
Hope Davies resigns.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2019, 06:30:57 AM »
Nicky Wroe and Ashley Jackson for me.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2019, 08:41:50 AM »
With you OBT, i would like to see Ashley signed up on a long term contract, improved immensely  through the season, is only going to get better.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2019, 12:07:17 PM »
With you OBT, i would like to see Ashley signed up on a long term contract, improved immensely  through the season, is only going to get better.

Perhaps will make the club a bit of transfer money, he is a real find and talent.
The lad has a fantastic attitude.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".