Author Topic: Already planning for next season  (Read 23849 times)

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Already planning for next season
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2019, 06:00:03 PM »
Craig Elliott has pledged there will be no more ‘gambles’ as he sets his sights on building a promotion-winning Boston United team.

Read more at: https://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/football/boston-united/no-more-gambles-elliott-determined-to-bring-in-next-level-players-to-boston-united-1-8875582

Strange article? He's basically saying most of his signings 4 this season weren't good enough! Some of the pre season signings were from a higher level, but they couldn't get away quick enough! The lower league signings haven't cut it. It just does not resonate any confidence that next seasons crop will be any better. Personally I hope it has been a big learning curve for Craig. I like his honesty a lot. Good luck for next season.

My thoughts exactly Champs .
We need midfielders that score goals, so Craig has signed up  for next season midfielders that don't score goals.
It's very worrying that he has done that, Abbott and  Thanoj  are not good enough and today they  were so poor and didn't have a clue, headless chickens.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2019, 09:09:33 PM »
Craig Elliott has pledged there will be no more ‘gambles’ as he sets his sights on building a promotion-winning Boston United team.

Read more at: https://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/football/boston-united/no-more-gambles-elliott-determined-to-bring-in-next-level-players-to-boston-united-1-8875582

Strange article? He's basically saying most of his signings 4 this season weren't good enough! Some of the pre season signings were from a higher level, but they couldn't get away quick enough! The lower league signings haven't cut it. It just does not resonate any confidence that next seasons crop will be any better. Personally I hope it has been a big learning curve for Craig. I like his honesty a lot. Good luck for next season.

My thoughts exactly Champs .
We need midfielders that score goals, so Craig has signed up  for next season midfielders that don't score goals.
It's very worrying that he has done that, Abbott and  Thanoj  are not good enough and today they  were so poor and didn't have a clue, headless chickens.

Didn't notice Thanoj was on the field until he was subbed.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2019, 08:02:15 AM »
I was so positive at the end of last season, someone said if the season had started after Xmas we would have finished 3rd, we beat Salford away, hammered Harrogate at home.
It seems now that we had 4 quality players carrying the rest of the team, centre back who went to Stockport,  Hemmings, Thompson and Tishimanga (sorry if it’s spelt incorrectly). Once that quality was gone we have gone backwards a long way most likely finishing in the bottom half.
I think Craig will be a lucky guy if David Newton keeps him as he has had a decent budget but we have nothing to show for it, what players have come in other than loan ones and has been an improvement on last years team, I can’t think of one.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2019, 05:19:10 PM »
I was so positive at the end of last season, someone said if the season had started after Xmas we would have finished 3rd, we beat Salford away, hammered Harrogate at home.
It seems now that we had 4 quality players carrying the rest of the team, centre back who went to Stockport,  Hemmings, Thompson and Tishimanga (sorry if it’s spelt incorrectly). Once that quality was gone we have gone backwards a long way most likely finishing in the bottom half.
I think Craig will be a lucky guy if David Newton keeps him as he has had a decent budget but we have nothing to show for it, what players have come in other than loan ones and has been an improvement on last years team, I can’t think of one.
So do we honestly think the chairman will dispatch him at some point at the start of next season if things don't go well.
I don't think Craig's position is under immediate threat, but it may have crossed David's mind at some point, it must be a dilemma though.
Because do you dispatch him at the end of the season and bring someone new in with a new budget in place,or wait and see.
I think  Craig will still be in place for next season because he has been allowed to make signings for next season already.
Be interesting to see the body language between DN & CE on Wednesday night.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2019, 01:45:28 PM »
Ashley Jackson signs on now too.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2019, 11:27:33 PM »
Ashley Jackson signs on now too.
Awesome  news.
"I don't believe you""

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2019, 11:55:07 AM »
Pleased to hear Ash Jackson has been kept. I thought he had a decent season, considering the defence changed from week to week.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?