Author Topic: Nuneaton .  (Read 11233 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Re: Nuneaton .
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2019, 05:42:21 PM »
Fantastic result!! Nuneaton, to be fair, are a club that shouldn't really be allowed to play in this division - but they were hammered nevertheless!!! Onwards and Upwards. Well done to this week's squad!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2019, 07:59:31 PM »
Fantastic result!! Nuneaton, to be fair, are a club that shouldn't really be allowed to play in this division - but they were hammered nevertheless!!! Onwards and Upwards. Well done to this week's squad!

Looks dodgy , lets hope Nunny see the season out .

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2019, 08:30:14 PM »
Should have had 8 or 9 disgraceful. Lets get a couple of things out of the way, Yes Nunny are adrift at the bottom and things look bleak for them in fact listening to their Chairman addressing everyone in the club house before the game and taking questions from the audience the club really is in queer street, I don't think he did himself any favours, However, his team gave their best today and on occasions played some attractive football in the face of a thrashing. On not a very good surface it took us while to adapt to the pace of the ball and the underfoot conditions, after loosing his footing once or twice it became obvious that once settled Jay would cause them problems and how. Darting up the left channel he left everyone for dead and put it on Gav's toe end for his easiest goal to date. Up the right channel next skinning everybody laid a beautiful cross to Nicky who side footed on the volley for the second to go in comfortable at half time. Only just got my chips when Nicky hit a screamer of a free kick from 30 yds giving Bellfield no chance 3 - 0 and in a real comfort zone. Next it was little favourite Max cleverly winning a penalty. Nicky stood about hoping that Ben would pass him the ball for his hatrick but no chance Ben hit his penalty (not too well to be honest) Bellfield saved but could not prevent Wroe from following up and heading in 4 -0. Then we had a thing of beauty from JAY ROLLINS escaping down the right channel and firing across the keeper for a fabulous goal to cap a fabulous performance from him. ( To round off a great day Jay has committed himself to us for another season) A huge well done to the Chairman and Manager for this.   UTP

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2019, 03:59:03 AM »
Very well done to everyone.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2019, 04:02:37 PM »
me granddad sed with boston town winning in stile as well; he sed we  will av fish an chips in stile he sed pick sum were nice 2 sit down boy.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2019, 06:04:35 PM »
me granddad sed with boston town winning in stile as well; he sed we  will av fish an chips in stile he sed pick sum were nice 2 sit down boy.

How about a school desk and learn to spell ;)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2019, 06:30:32 PM »

How about a school desk and learn to spell ;)

I bet  his grandad can drive a digger better than you Ernie ,    and miele can spell JCB !

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2019, 10:21:51 PM »
Oxo says most things, as usual. Jay's return has made such a difference to the team, as has Nicky Wroe's signing. The latter brings a sense of authority in the middle. He never seems to rush but is usually in the right place at the right time. He is always looking for the probing ball too. I feel sorry for the Nunny supporters, who seemed a genuine lot - plenty of gallows humour in evidence -  in danger of going down again in a sea of the financial ineptitude of others (thank goodness again for the Chestnuts). Their midfield yesterday had some very neat players who kept on trying to play the game in the right way. I hope for the supporters' sake that the club does not go under.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2019, 04:47:21 PM »
I think after a lot of trials and tribulations this season, Craig and his management team are at last starting to get the formula right. Not perfect by any means but the last five games have demonstrated a team with more balance, an increased goal threat going forwards and most importantly, a team that can get results. I still think we'd be well tested by the top five but I'd take that after some of the low points this season.

A big learning curve for everyone involved on the basis that a good end to last season and a positive looking recruitment campaign over the summer doesn't guarantee success once the new season is underway.

Some bigger tests coming up than Nuneaton so we'll see where we are after the next few games but I hope we've built a mini springboard from which to kick on towards the play-offs.

TEP

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2019, 09:57:48 AM »
If we can keep the same squad for the rest of the season then the play-offs are not just a possibility but a probability.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2019, 11:55:36 AM »
Wish I was as optimistic as you Burgh Boy. We have 3 tough games in Chester away then Telford and Stockport at home, a win and a couple of draws from them and I might start to believe the play offs are a possibility.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2019, 10:33:52 PM »
Looks like the Nuneaton Chairman quit yesterday.

TEP

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2019, 10:36:10 PM »
OXO,
Looks like the chairman’s talk didn’t go to well, he’s left.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2019, 11:17:49 PM »
Hope they can last out the season.
United we stand..................