Author Topic: Denton  (Read 4847 times)

holbeach 56

• View Profile
Denton
« on: February 04, 2019, 08:29:12 PM »
Apparently we be turned down by Denton today. Chesterfield happy to loan him out but turned us and sorted ok down .

holbeach 56

• View Profile
Re: Denton
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 08:38:01 PM »
Source Derbyshire times

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 08:40:12 PM »
Bloody predictive text. Should have said turned us down and Alfreton

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 08:26:02 AM »
Can't imagine he'd want to come here anyway if Alfreton were in for him - all that extra travelling etc. I'd quite enjoy watching him barge about in a Boston shirt, but fair play to him for staying and fighting for his place.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 08:59:40 AM »
After all the abuse he used to get when he played against us I can quiet understand why he turned us down.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 09:20:58 AM »
After all the abuse he used to get when he played against us I can quiet understand why he turned us down.

That too.

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 10:25:31 AM »
yes we have been truly horrid to him over the years...

pieman pete

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 10:34:11 AM »
Deserved everything he got

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 10:50:18 AM »
Deserved everything he got

I quite liked the Boston v Denton battles. What football's all about. Needn't have spilled over into his car being showered with all that crap, but aside from a little bit of unsavoury stuff it seemed relatively good natured.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 02:43:25 PM »
To this day, I cannot see how the penalty was given in the second leg against North Ferriby.  Pidge finished on top of him after being wrestled to the ground.

It was a very strange match, with the lack of effort and very strange refereeing decisions.  After the brilliant first leg, the second was like a damp squib.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 05:07:24 PM »
To this day, I cannot see how the penalty was given in the second leg against North Ferriby.  Pidge finished on top of him after being wrestled to the ground.

It was a very strange match, with the lack of effort and very strange refereeing decisions.  After the brilliant first leg, the second was like a damp squib.
we'd had our "cup final" at home in the first leg, early goals against and we were done. Pidge should never have played IMO. as good as he was, he was a weak link that day and Ferriby exploited to the max. we tried to cover his injury with Nat Brown who just couldn't handle Denton IMO.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 05:13:55 PM by The Third Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2019, 09:50:02 AM »

Easily the worst "big game" performance I've ever seen Boston turn in - and just think about how many bad ones we've seen over the years. Catastrophically, hysterically bad.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2019, 04:01:32 PM »

Easily the worst "big game" performance I've ever seen Boston turn in - and just think about how many bad ones we've seen over the years. Catastrophically, hysterically bad.

What should have been a great day quickly became a nightmare. Will never forget that atmosphere though & our phenomenal support, we must have had over 2000 there on that baking hot Sunday afternoon. We never looked like making it like a home game, which with that backing it could have been. Ok yeah never a pen early on, but we were Shocking & rolled over with just a faint whimper, dreadful non performance!