Author Topic: Pitch v FCUM  (Read 7460 times)

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pitch v FCUM
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2019, 07:28:44 AM »
Another of those - now regular - nail-biting games, but we managed to win 2-1 in the end, thought Wroe had a very good game, controlled the midfield and some of his passes were superb.  Game change when Craig brought on Nicky and Max, gave us some extra speed down the wings.   Well done everybody.
I agree, after a sluggish first few minutes, we looked half decent, but against poor opposition. It was nice to come from behind to win (again). At last there seems some togetherness out there. We're not without fault, but we've found a way to win games again, and it can only be a good habit to get into at this stage.

Think TTT has summed it up very well. Wafula did not have his best game and maybe Walker and Wright could have been introduced earlier.
Just watched Craig's post match interview, he planned to bring on Max and Nicky later on in the game when FC were tired, and l think he got it right and just at the right time.
I think Jonathan had a decent game and battled hard going forward and in defence.
The number 7 for FC did play well and was possibly there best player.
But the thing that impressed me the most was the lovely touch shown by our club to allow the minutes applause for the young FC United fan who was tragically killed in a road traffic accident recently.
It was also a magnificent round of applause from everyone.
Sometimes life is not just about football.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Fcfan91

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2019, 04:14:21 PM »
Hi everyone

Really enjoyed my visit yesterday as we all did, shame about the result (a common theme this season!) we were made very welcome as always.

Thought we edged the first half but completely ran out of steam second half. Looking very likely that we'll go down this season, sadly, due to our old board who made a mess of budgeting the ground, it left our playing budget very short needing to pay debts off due to ground costs over running.

All the best Pilgrims!

Hopefully we'll play you again soon.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2019, 05:15:30 PM »
Hi everyone

Really enjoyed my visit yesterday as we all did, shame about the result (a common theme this season!) we were made very welcome as always.

Thought we edged the first half but completely ran out of steam second half. Looking very likely that we'll go down this season, sadly, due to our old board who made a mess of budgeting the ground, it left our playing budget very short needing to pay debts off due to ground costs over running.

All the best Pilgrims!

You are very welcome and thank you for your kind words.
Me personally do not want you guys to go down, such a lovely club and fantastic fans, you will be a very big loss to this league.
But as they say it's not over until it's mathematicay impossible to stay up.
Keep fighting my friend and don't lose hope.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2019, 07:05:16 PM »
Hi everyone

All the best Pilgrims!

I will second the good wishes from OBT. You always bring good numbers with you,
 always have a good time and never do anything other than show great support for your team. My son went to your place earlier in the season and said what a hospitable ground and people your were. I would much sooner play 21 clubs like you're every season rather than your local nemesis $Alford ¢ity. I can't stand them or their principals. Hope you survive drop, and we can lock horns again next season.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2019, 07:30:18 PM »
 me granddad sed not anice game 2 day boy I sed a wins a win granddad ha ho can I av me fish an chips ok boy he sed but he sed iff thay play like that agane 3 points wont be okay u will go wivout boy

Fcfan91

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2019, 09:09:48 PM »
Appreciate the kind words.

Lot of effort on the pitch but sadly lacking quality, we're fighting back from our old regime who ruined us. I can't see us staying up but finances are in order so we'll be back. Got a soft spot for Boston and I'm based in Lincolnshire for work next year so I'll be up for a visit.

We'll be back.