Author Topic: Pitch v FCUM  (Read 7566 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Pitch v FCUM
« on: February 01, 2019, 12:19:36 PM »
Should this be ok for tomorrow ?

TEP

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pitch v FCUM
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 03:04:05 PM »
Should this be ok for tomorrow ?

TEP
Let's blooming hope so, l am looking forward to this match.
I think the temperature is rising over the weekend a little, and I should imagine that the cover's have been on.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 04:38:37 PM »
Thanks OBT - don't want a wasted trip from Norfolk. If it's off, I'll be going to watch Peterborough.

Bet it's not as cold in Boston as when you were living in Poland :)

TEP

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 09:50:55 PM »
According to stevie guy aka 'spennymoor i am a bit special' the game is on

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 08:00:28 AM »
Thanks OBT - don't want a wasted trip from Norfolk. If it's off, I'll be going to watch Peterborough.

Bet it's not as cold in Boston as when you were living in Poland :)

TEP
You are welcome my friend, let's hope the overnight snow has not affected things to much..
Oddly enough it always feels colder here in the winter, because of the wind chill factor, in Poland the snow falls from mainly October to December depending on where you are in the country and the snow isn't the slushy stuff we get over here.
You just don't get the wind chill there like we do here, mainly l think due to the fact that GB is an island and the are
mainly landlocked.
Poland is a beautiful country, had many a white Christmas there.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 09:27:49 AM »
9am pitch inspection passed 👍

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 09:53:17 AM »
Thanks Bodge

delbar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 02:52:40 PM »
Seen several posts on FB this morning, making sure the pitch was good, and the stands were ok. Thanks to you all for the efforts.,

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 06:33:05 PM »
Another of those - now regular - nail-biting games, but we managed to win 2-1 in the end, thought Wroe had a very good game, controlled the midfield and some of his passes were superb.  Game change when Craig brought on Nicky and Max, gave us some extra speed down the wings.   Well done everybody.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 06:38:21 PM »
Another of those - now regular - nail-biting games, but we managed to win 2-1 in the end, thought Wroe had a very good game, controlled the midfield and some of his passes were superb.  Game change when Craig brought on Nicky and Max, gave us some extra speed down the wings.   Well done everybody.
I agree, after a sluggish first few minutes, we looked half decent, but against poor opposition. It was nice to come from behind to win (again). At last there seems some togetherness out there. We're not without fault, but we've found a way to win games again, and it can only be a good habit to get into at this stage.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 07:16:12 PM »
Well done to everyone, enjoyed the game very much.
Boston Utd and FC Utd were first class.
I am afraid though FCUM look like a team that will relegated, it will be a real shame to loose them from this league.
"I don't believe you""

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2019, 08:35:00 PM »
Can I just thank my helpers with the team sheet raffle it really was appreciated as I was not 100% fit. The winning numbers were 31 and 81 also thank you on behalf of Chris for your continued support.  UTP.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2019, 09:14:28 PM »
For me I love FCUM. Great support throughout the game and In coach before the game credit to them. Town end as much as I have been there over the years need to get closer and rip it out rather than spread about.  Two average teams but really enjoyed it.  However we are not top six or seven so I’m thinking next year already. Need a spark somewhere.  Clubhouse pre match mid match it’s all a bit stale yet we are near play offs. 

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 09:55:26 PM »
I agree, after a sluggish first few minutes, we looked half decent, but against poor opposition. It was nice to come from behind to win (again). At last there seems some togetherness out there. We're not without fault, but we've found a way to win games again, and it can only be a good habit to get into at this stage.

Think TTT has summed it up very well. Wafula did not have his best game and maybe Walker and Wright could have been introduced earlier.

Greengrass

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 10:26:59 PM »
Really enjoyed today, FCUM came to play and didn't resort to spoiling tactics after the usual early concession at home. The turning point for me was when their number 7 got taken off. It certainly made it easier for us as I thought he had a really good game for them both going forward and defensively. We got the result which we deserved, but thought they always had a bit of threat from set pieces. Ref did well also, but you always get the usual moans. Do people still not have an understanding of what's given and what's not in this league.