Author Topic: V Spennymore Tuesday night  (Read 13845 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: V Spennymore Tuesday night
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2019, 11:59:42 AM »
Guess what?   Spennymoor were due to face a play-off challenger today so their match is off and they can then re-arrange for an evening match and gain an advantage.  The "Storm Eric" excuse doesn't wash as none of the other northern clubs have had to cancel, in fact Spennymoor's game is the only one ruled out.  Disgraceful.  They shouldn't be allowed to continue at this level.   >:( >:( >:(

"Following a pitch inspection from the match referee, today’s game against Bradford (Park Avenue) has been postponed.

Despite the best efforts of staff and volunteers, who laid the pitch covers on Wednesday, Storm Erik brought 70mph winds and torrential rain to the County".
United we stand..................

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2019, 12:19:13 PM »
Guess what?   Spennymoor were due to face a play-off challenger today so their match is off and they can then re-arrange for an evening match and gain an advantage.  The "Storm Eric" excuse doesn't wash as none of the other northern clubs have had to cancel, in fact Spennymoor's game is the only one ruled out.  Disgraceful.  They shouldn't be allowed to continue at this level.   >:( >:( >:(

"Following a pitch inspection from the match referee, today’s game against Bradford (Park Avenue) has been postponed.

Despite the best efforts of staff and volunteers, who laid the pitch covers on Wednesday, Storm Erik brought 70mph winds and torrential rain to the County".

You'd have thought it was an ideal time to play BPA as they seem to be in free-fall.

BPA not won any of the last 6, just two draws including 2-2 draw against us at home before all the finical troubles surfaced.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2019, 02:31:10 PM »
That wasn't exactly the main point I was making!

mdfman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2019, 03:03:29 PM »
I think some  people need to stop obsessing about postponed games at Spennymoor. They have a problem with the pitch , the referee makes the decisions about whether or not its fit to play on. There is no conspiracy.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2019, 03:21:30 PM »
I think some  people need to stop obsessing about postponed games at Spennymoor. They have a problem with the pitch , the referee makes the decisions about whether or not its fit to play on. There is no conspiracy.

If a stadium is not up to standard teams can be denied promotion.  Same should apply to the state of the pitch.  There have been too many postponements in the last couple of seasons.
Are you one of our fans who have to travel there on a Tuesday evening in the middle of winter?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2019, 08:43:37 PM »

Obsessing??? I travel to every game but refused to go to Spennymoor last week and put money in their pockets. Look at the facts, it is common knowledge what happened last season at our home game even their own supporters agreed it was shameful. This season they call off our game at their place which was the only game in the UK to do so. How many games are they calling off on a Saturday to have the opposition tramping up there on a Tuesday evening clearly giving them an advantage. They are so lucky the authorities are a bunch of bottleless cretins who don't have a clue how to administer the game. No conspiracy???

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2019, 08:52:27 PM »
It says the match referee cancelled the game I've never known a referee get to a Boston game so early.maybe it's a local referee

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2019, 09:59:48 PM »
Absolute twoddle there pitch has always been rubbish.
It's there fault that nothing has been sorted with it, there obsession about being full time obviously is costing so much money that the pitch is being over looked.
If they were really serious about fair play to other clubs it would have been fixed, they know that clubs who are part time are disadvantaged when having to travel up during the week.
It's about time they were punished with points deductions' every time they do it.
There pitch there responsible for it,end of.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2019, 11:00:36 PM »

Conspiracy or not the pitch is a distinct advantage to the club .   The league should at least make then pay the clubs victims of these matches compensation to cover incurred costs,  and deduct Spennymoor at least I point for  the advantage they gain .

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2019, 02:42:48 PM »
Spennymoor match postponed today.  When has that ever happened before?  Oh yes, time and time again.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2019, 03:21:51 PM »
BPA fans not happy on twitter, ripping into Spennymore. Should be renamed to Spendsomemore on the pitch please. Game off again