Author Topic: V Spennymore Tuesday night  (Read 14179 times)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: V Spennymore Tuesday night
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2019, 04:22:57 PM »
If he's not an official, what the hell is he doing answering tweets sent to the official club account? It'd better be on, I booked a hotel room on the strength of his tweet and have just checked in - three miles away from the ground. And there's another car with a Boston United car sticker in the same hotel car park.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2019, 07:06:44 PM »
7.06pm - it's still on.

1 Willis, 2 Davies, 3 Jackson, 4 Thanoj, 5 Gibbens, 6 Qualter, 7 Wright, 8 Abbott, 9 Allott, 10 Rollins, 11 Wafula. SUBS: 12 Wroe, 14 Walker, 15 Johnson, 16 Harris, 17 Chettle
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2019, 07:33:18 PM »
Yep - looks like the hosts are going to stage the game. Good luck to all Pilgrim fans who have made the journey - you deserve a standing ovation when you get back to York Street. Enjoy the game!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2019, 09:01:27 PM »
0 - 0 at half-time.  There was a stoppage in play for about 15 mins when the ref hurt his back and had to be replaced by the senior linesman.  With no 3rd official in this league a call went out to the crowd for a substitute linesman.  A Nation League North linesman stepped forward and though he happens to be associated with Spennymoor but both sides agreed this replacement to avoid postponement of the game.
United we stand..................

Kirtonian

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2019, 09:13:59 PM »
Had the game been called off due to an injured referee, I think the word irony may have been defined if not a conspiracy.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2019, 09:19:07 PM »
Bad news for Boston with Spennymoor scoring and Gibbens injuring his shoulder and having to be replaced by Harris. 

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2019, 09:55:25 PM »
FT 1-0 hard luck lads.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2019, 09:58:29 PM »
Great effort lads. Lets all get there on Saturday and give these boys our whole hearted support.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2019, 10:29:48 PM »
Well done to all those who attended! I hate to say this, but if the replacement linesman is associated with, or even a member of, the home club, should we be appealing to the League for the game to be replayed? Would be the right thing to do perhaps in most circumstances, but I suppose we don't really want to be travelling there again this season! What do the League rules state regarding replacing injured officials?
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2019, 11:08:40 PM »
Still disappointed that some random Spennymoor fan responded offensively to a genuine enquiry sent the the Spennymoor official account, and it leaves a bad taste in the mouth after all of the previous issues around broken down buses, postponements and misinformation on rearranged fixture dates. At least though the game did go ahead when we got here.

We played well and were a bit unlucky. Gibbens injured himself attempting a tackle, which left the Spennymoor striker a free run through on goal. He slotted home what proved to be the only goal of the game. There were a few other half chances at both ends, Nicky Walker had Boston's best chance in the second half but put the ball over the bar with the keeper out of position. Overall though, very little to choose between the two sides and a draw may have been a fairer result.

Pitch at Spennymoor is very poor, lots of bare patches and areas covered in sand. Stadium isn't the best either, two decent stands but otherwise very poor facilities. Social club was basically a marquee.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2019, 11:33:26 PM »
Well done to all those who attended! I hate to say this, but if the replacement linesman is associated with, or even a member of, the home club, should we be appealing to the League for the game to be replayed? Would be the right thing to do perhaps in most circumstances, but I suppose we don't really want to be travelling there again this season! What do the League rules state regarding replacing injured officials?

Our directors and manager agreed to the replacement.  If no-one had been suitably qualified or one team disagreed, then the match would have been abandoned.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 11:35:26 PM by Cavalier »

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2019, 01:44:07 AM »
Played well in the sense that we kept them at arms length
Terrible goal to give away, when do we ever get goals like that for us???
Didn't create loads but had 2 good chances 2nd half should have scored at least one of them
Point dropped

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2019, 08:36:08 AM »
Never mind lads, great effort against a full time outfit.
Move on to Saturday which may be FC United's last visit to York Street for some time.
We all need to get down to York Street on Saturday and get behind the lads.
Let's hope that young Gibbens injury isn't to bad, if there is no soft tissue damage and it was only a shoulder pop he should be ok after a couple of days.
Had many a shoulder pop in my time and they are normally sore for a couple of days, take some anti inflammatory and wear a shoulder support and carry on.
He is a young strong healthy lad and looks like a tough nut, fingers crossed for him.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2019, 09:08:11 AM »

As long as he is a qualified official (often local officials are well known to the home club, due to officiating reserve/youth games, etc), and both managers (and the injured official) agree he is suitable, then let the game carry on.

There has been times where one manager has opposed a replacement official (Frank Sinclair springs to mind), and the game was abandoned.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2019, 09:45:31 AM »
Still disappointed that some random Spennymoor fan responded offensively to a genuine enquiry sent the the Spennymoor official account, and it leaves a bad taste in the mouth after all of the previous issues around broken down buses, postponements and misinformation on rearranged fixture dates. At least though the game did go ahead when we got here.

We played well and were a bit unlucky. Gibbens injured himself attempting a tackle, which left the Spennymoor striker a free run through on goal. He slotted home what proved to be the only goal of the game. There were a few other half chances at both ends, Nicky Walker had Boston's best chance in the second half but put the ball over the bar with the keeper out of position. Overall though, very little to choose between the two sides and a draw may have been a fairer result.

Pitch at Spennymoor is very poor, lots of bare patches and areas covered in sand. Stadium isn't the best either, two decent stands but otherwise very poor facilities. Social club was basically a marquee.

Ignore that idiot. Anyone who resorts to the tired old "inbred" joke, which was last funny in about 1937, is an imbecile best left alone to wallow in their own tragic existence.