Author Topic: V Spennymore Tuesday night  (Read 14217 times)

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
V Spennymore Tuesday night
« on: January 26, 2019, 05:27:36 PM »
What odds would you get for this game to be postponed again, with the impending weather conditions heading there way.
Call me a sceptical old sod.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: V Spennymore Tuesday night
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 05:46:06 PM »
Feels fairly likely with upcoming cold weather, although their match today at home was played.

If it goes ahead and we win, we'd be 1 point off playoffs and that would certainly feel like it's within the realms of a realistic possibility to make playoffs .

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 10:30:33 PM »
I'm mulling over going but with the forecast being so bad I'm struggling to justify paying £50 on the day to get up to Durham, taxi there and then an overnighter in Manchester & expensive train to Brum Wednesday AM
Destined never to do that ground.....

So yeah, I hope it is off and gets rearranged for school holidays

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 10:04:37 AM »
I have nothing stopping me from going but I will not on principle. The disgraceful failure to fulfill the fixture at Boston ( and no league sanction ) . The only game postponed early this season ( making us travel on a cold Tuesday night end of January ). I hate missing a game but I will not put one penny in their coffers    UTP.

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 01:22:27 PM »
I have just had a quick look at their website. Would you believe they have invested in pitch covers! This enabled them to play Chester, "despite freezing weather conditions". It's a good job I'm sitting down. They have also signed Liam Agnew on a month's loan.

UTP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 01:40:45 PM »
This is the same Spennymoor who delighted themselves in announcing a few weks ago that their pitch problems were sorted... before being the only game in the north of England to be postponed (against us)!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 01:47:41 PM »
Yes their club website has an article about pitch covers recently being brought and they forsee no further problems at home!!!

Anyone else going from the West Midlands area?
I'm inclined to go and tick the place off although the forecast and costs involved are far from ideal....

We'll need to defend a hell of a lot better than against Guiseley, they're a side we've never ever scored against. That said, their strikers aren't massive brickhouses like Guiseleys so the threat may be a bit closer to terra firma

Kirtonian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 01:29:14 PM »
Snow predicted on Tuesday across the North of England. Good luck to any brave souls travelling to support the Pilgrims.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 04:23:43 PM »
Snow predicted on Tuesday across the North of England. Good luck to any brave souls travelling to support the Pilgrims.

Just looking at the actual 4cast for Spennymoor tomorrow: it's an 80% chance of snow all day & a temperature of minus one at 7pm; dropping to minus 4 by 9pm. Even if that pitch is covered, if it starts freezing after kick off, you have to think the worst, also if it snows all day will the ground be safe 4 fans?

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 05:25:42 PM »
Will be staggered if this game is on tomorrow - but I really hope I am wrong. Best of luck to all those attempting the journey.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 08:44:48 PM »
Will be staggered if this game is on tomorrow - but I really hope I am wrong. Best of luck to all those attempting the journey.
we could be in the middle of a heatwave and they'd still have a waterlogged pitch!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 11:34:30 AM »
Tweet from one of the Spennymoor officials, Stevie Guy:

"Although the @bostonunited fans are a bit thick asking if the match is on despite the club not mentioning a pitch inspection … the match is ON, I repeat ON."

Far from happy at being branded thick for asking a sensible question, but at least we can now set out.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2019, 01:34:11 PM »

"Although the @bostonunited fans are a bit thick asking if the match is on despite the club not mentioning a pitch inspection … the match is ON, I repeat ON."

Far from happy at being branded thick for asking a sensible question, but at least we can now set out.

As I have said I will not be going on principle, The way they acted last season with no come backs from the authorities, Canceling earlier this season to get us here on a night in January. The arrogant cretins will not get a penny from me. I will drop a few bob in my jam jar instead and it would be lovely if everyone else did the same.    UTP

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2019, 02:07:40 PM »

Just proves the contempt they have towards us.  It is they who are the tinpot, and most unprofessional club I have come across.  Win tonight lads and show them how a PROFESSIONAL  outfit works.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2019, 02:13:18 PM »

It's not an official, just someone trying to look important. Egg on his face if it's called off later...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/