Author Topic: Leamington  (Read 7508 times)

steve m

• View Profile
Leamington
« on: January 19, 2019, 05:24:40 PM »
How unlucky was that....stonewall penalty and Jay hits the post....

Best I have seen them play this season.

Wish we had a real goalscorer!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Leamington
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 06:52:10 PM »
 I was hoping they would carry on from last weeks great win at Kiddy and they did just that. It has to be said we should have put the game to bed missing some great chances. Now I am not usually critical of the refs at this level but today a new low was reached. It was obvious he had instructed his linesmen to only flag for off sides or when the ball went out of play and all other decisions he would make, he clearly wanted to be the centre of attention. How on earth after booking their full back he simply gave a free kick for a clear elbow in the face a little later, disgraceful. Two clear penalties and simply waved play on, if our lads had dived why did he not book them? again disgraceful. Of course he will be out there ruining another game next week for fans who pay good money to see a football match.   UTP 

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 08:29:21 PM »
I was hoping they would carry on from last weeks great win at Kiddy and they did just that. It has to be said we should have put the game to bed missing some great chances. Now I am not usually critical of the refs at this level but today a new low was reached. It was obvious he had instructed his linesmen to only flag for off sides or when the ball went out of play and all other decisions he would make, he clearly wanted to be the centre of attention. How on earth after booking their full back he simply gave a free kick for a clear elbow in the face a little later, disgraceful. Two clear penalties and simply waved play on, if our lads had dived why did he not book them? again disgraceful. Of course he will be out there ruining another game next week for fans who pay good money to see a football match.   UTP
Here here an accurate summing up.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 09:42:52 PM »
A much better performance today, and everybody put in a shift, but we still can't win at home, and against a side that really didn't trouble us that much. So, I'm grateful for a point, but have the home performances over recent weeks been so poor, I'm happy with a point and some effort? The answer is "I guess I am", but I feel like it should be more like "it's 2 points lost."
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 09:51:15 PM »
Entertaining game.
I enjoyed it despite only being a draw..
Their keeper pulled off a worldy near the end..
The hit post   the two declined pens  the disallowed goal...the possible sending off...
Starting 3 wingers
The ref allowing throw ins from anywhere... free kicks kind of from anywhere..but if kick a moving ball and thats way off !
Lots of talking points ...a shame it was too cold to turn up for some.

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 10:11:02 PM »
I agree an improvement but we are starting from a pretty low point. They were pretty poor. Think these crowds will be the same unless we see a dramatic upturn soon. We have a long way to go but good to see a more settled line up.
Onwards and upwards hope fully

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 07:15:58 AM »
One of the best games this season I've seen. Sometimes it's just not your day and you don't get your just rewards.
What with some near misses and a dreadful ref, we should have won. Quite how they made it to the end of the game with 11 on the pitch, I don't know.
Well done Craig and the lads and good luck for Tuesday.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 07:27:04 AM »
I can only comment on the few games l have seen this season but a few players stand out for me, and will in time grow into very good players,
George Willis, top class keeper who grows with every game.
Max Wright a fantastic talent, but a shame he is on loan.
Andy Thanoj had real ability, but needs a quality midfielder with him.
Ben Davies just a class act always was.
Gavin Allot a battling center forward but needs to improve his finishing, but you can't fault his work rate and know how.
Jonathan Wafula, played really well and put his self about.
Jay Rollins is a very capable player and was unlucky not to score, will get better with every game.
Nicky Walker had great ability and is a powerful runner, a great save from there keeper kept out his fantastic hit.
Ryan Qualter is a battling defender that has ability and is a hard man.
But for me the one who stands out is the young man Ashley Jackson, what a talent he is, skillful, can pick a pass, he is quick, reads the game well and he listens to what he is being told, fulll of passion and never messes about when clearing the ball.
Ashley needs to be given another deal very soon, this young fellow will make this club a lot of money in the future if we look after him.
Well done Craig for spotting his talent.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 08:29:53 AM »
I wonder what YoungChubby would have made of the performance yesterday.

TEP

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 09:19:36 AM »

TEP
I would think he'd post that the team had done well, and maybe he'd list out his comments regarding them individually, and end by praising the manager, bearing in mind of course that we hadn't lost, and so this week there's no need to call for his head on a platter. What do you think, TEP? 😎
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 10:06:33 AM »
I can only comment on the few games l have seen this season but a few players stand out for me, and will in time grow into very good players,
George Willis, top class keeper who grows with every game.
Max Wright a fantastic talent, but a shame he is on loan.
Andy Thanoj had real ability, but needs a quality midfielder with him.
Ben Davies just a class act always was.
Gavin Allot a battling center forward but needs to improve his finishing, but you can't fault his work rate and know how.
Jonathan Wafula, played really well and put his self about.
Jay Rollins is a very capable player and was unlucky not to score, will get better with every game.
Nicky Walker had great ability and is a powerful runner, a great save from there keeper kept out his fantastic hit.
Ryan Qualter is a battling defender that has ability and is a hard man.
But for me the one who stands out is the young man Ashley Jackson, what a talent he is, skillful, can pick a pass, he is quick, reads the game well and he listens to what he is being told, fulll of passion and never messes about when clearing the ball.
Ashley needs to be given another deal very soon, this young fellow will make this club a lot of money in the future if we look after him.
Well done Craig for spotting his talent.
Ashley Jackson, one of the best left backs I've seen down York Street for many a year. Totally agree, get him signed up and pretty damn quick!!
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 11:02:29 AM »

TEP

Don't think you need to wonder.
There is only 1 person who has ever posted in this style.
What do you think?
Is it obvious?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2019, 04:24:54 PM »
A good performance yesterday, I find this team so frustrating at times. Really should have put a poor Leamington team away, they were really one of the worst I've seen at this level albeit organised. Plenty of chances, perhaps a couple of penalties? Cannot believe their number 2 was not sent off, blatant elbow and so deliberate. Great save from their keeper at the end. Not many in the town end yesterday but a more positive backing all through the match.

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2019, 01:36:52 PM »
I've been stewing on this since Saturday. Aside from the football (where fine margins in recent games have cost us a higher league position), I was absolutely disgusted by the racist comment made by an individual in the Spayne Road stand (and saddened by the individual stood close by who said it was "a joke")

To whoever it was (back row near the halfway line), if I work out who you are I will report you and make sure you never grace York Street (or the new stadium) again. You, your comments and your outdated attitude are not welcome.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2019, 01:39:40 PM »
In fairness to Utd they've a history of doing the right thing when racism rears its head inside the ground.........

Report them, its the only option, you can't talk to those types